MQR Wholecloth Class by Adam Chenevert

This is my Practice piece from MQR (Machine Quilting Resource) "Wholecloth Design and Execution" class taught by Adam Chenevert. Don't look too closely, my feathers leave alot to be desired. (That is why I'm taking the next class on Feathering with Suzanne Earley) The actual design process that Adam taught us was excellent and fun and addicting.

Design

2951209540070690845S425x425Q85.jpg

Front

2589629930070690845S425x425Q85.jpg

Back

2831040180070690845S425x425Q85.jpg

Roxanne,

It was a five week online course. One class a week (usually there were 3 videos of techniques per class - good stuff). And he would assign homework every week.

We spent about 2 weeks on designing and feathering and the rest of the weeks were applying our design to fabric. I learned ALOT! And it was fun to practice on paper. I also learned how to use my Photoshop Element Program for the designwork. That was sure worth learning! (in addition to quilting)

He is truly an artist in his own right - amazing, amazing.

You did a fabulous job!!! Wish I had had time to work on mine before coming north. Will have to wait until fall to get back to mine! Love your fabric choices - very fun!! Did spend some time practicing my formal feathers - whoa - need lots of practice. I brought my practice piece home to stare at & dream of better feathers - to quilt like Adam............. Your piece gives me the feeling of butterflies when looking at the back!! Really nice - congrats!!

WOW Barbara, you have done fantastic. I am way behind, and need allot more practice before I attempt any quilting.

I need to find time to go and watch all Adams lessons over again. My mind needs constant refreshing these days :P:P:P

Archived