This one is kinda different!!!

This is a customer quilt and all of the blocks have 3-dimensional flying geese. She wanted me to stipple through the entire quilt (Thank you, God)... just getting around all of these 3-d blocks was enough of a challenge!! :D

Anyway, the fabrics remind me of "jungle" and it really was fun to do (albeit boring stipple) it was fun. Here are some pics of this unique quilt. It turned out pretty nice, I think. She even did piping around the inner border and outer border (thin red fabric) and I did not quilt over the piping (cardinal sin) and the piping popped up nice. I think she will like it. I used King Tut variegated in top; Bottom Line gold in bobbin. :)

All of the triangles you see in the blocks are 3-d flying geese. I pulled up so I could quilt underneath. Some blocks were VERY challenging because of how these flying geese were arranged in the blocks.

post--13461902104829_thumb.jpg

Ditto to everyone's comments. PERFECT color choice on the King Tut. And beautiful control and consistency on your stippling - - I'll bet you were crazy by the time it was finished, 'cuz I'm sure you wanted to break loose and do something more fun and creative. I'm sure your customer will be thrilled.

Archived