A little note to all of us from Liam

I u2u'd Liam since I hadn't seen him on the chat...here is his response:

"Kristina,

Everything is fine. I returned to work after my shoulder surgery and have been putting in some long hours. We're a little backed up on customer orders. So they have me scheduled 12 to 16 hours a day, 7 days a week for the rest of this month. I miss the forum, but will try to sneek on when I can. Tell everyone Hi for me.

Liam"

I can understand you missing us...we are terrific friends and always good for a laugh. :P

Had a short day at work, only 10 hours today. Figured I'd stop in and say Hi and see what everyone is up too.

Going back to work after surgery has been a little bit of a system shock, epecially with all these hours. The 12 hour days aren't too bad. But those 16 hour days are a killer, especially with an hour drive to work and a hour drive back, makes for a long day (20+ hours). I try to sneek online at work during lunch (if the computer is free) to take a peek at whats up here. Well the eyes are getting a little heavy, so I'm going to call it a night.

Hope to be back on soon, you all take care!

Originally posted by kennan100

Hurry up and come play, Liam! We miss you! I was going to email you tonight, but Kristina beat me to it!

Now, where are MtnBarb, and Mary Beth. And Tracye Quinlin has been MIA until the last few days. What's up with that Tracye?

Who else are we missing?

Its nice we have a roll call....at least someone important is thinking of us as we all get busy in our daily lives as well as heal from injuries....

Liam how come am I just now hearing about this shoulder, or was I "Asleep in Seattle" when this happened and wasn't able to get to the computer? Heal fast my friend...shoulders and feet take a long time to mend.

Happy to hear that all is well. DH used to work those kind of long hours and he also had a long drive. When he worked at his "local" office he had to drive an hour each way. He was a regional manager and traveled the northeast visiting his other locations. Depending on how far he had to go, some days he would get up at 2:30 am and head out, drive, work, and then drive home and get here around midnight. Other times he would be more sensible and stay overnight. It was tough on him and on our family. He retired 10 years ago and the kids are grown with families of their own. Life is somewhat simpler now.

Kristina thank you for letting us know about our friend. Liam, we are wishing you lots of energy while you cope with these hours and lots of good rest when you sleep and a speedy return to quilting. and please rest your shoulder when possible. we don't want you to have a set back.

Hi everyone, figured I'd stop in real quick during break and answer a couple questions.

Hi Bonnie, I had surgery on my right shoulder; I had a torn RT cuff and a couple bone spurs. I was off work for 7 weeks. Doctor was surprised on how fast I heal, especially at my age.

Hi Holly, I am a metal fabricator at my job. I mainly make metal containers on a assembly line, there is a lot of heavy lifting (average weight is 60#) and very fast pase. The hours are long (currently), but the money is good. Not getting rich, but it pays the bills.

Originally posted by Liam1964

Hi Bonnie, I had surgery on my right shoulder; I had a torn RT cuff and a couple bone spurs. I was off work for 7 weeks. Doctor was surprised on how fast I heal, especially at my age.

Well you can't keep a cowboy down for long....:P Just don't get stupid and wrench something the doctor can't put back together.;)

.....I am a metal fabricator at my job. I mainly make metal containers on a assembly line, there is a lot of heavy lifting (average weight is 60#) and very fast pace...

Liam be careful lifting those heavy sheets of metal. 60 pounds is a lot of weight. A lot. Dangerous. Watch for soft tissue injuries, especially now that you've had this surgery. It can take many months (even years) for muscles to gain back their integrity and strength.

I hope your doctor released you to "LIGHT DUTY RETURN TO WORK" so you aren't manhandling heavy objects right now. Your muscles need to heal properly.

Following surgery, I hope that your daily tasks through the "return to work" program is gradual so you don't jump right back into the full swing of things and perform as you did before surgery. Be super careful.

This message brought to you by.....

Safety Shana

.....But those 16 hour days are a killer, especially with an hour drive to work and a hour drive back, makes for a long day (20+ hours)....

YIKES! Do you get any sleep? What about eating? I can't imagine you driving an hour on the road every day after work only to fall into bed for a few hours and then get up to do it again? I'd be groggy and fuzzy... a zombie. Really... a 20+ hour day ...consecutively every day...is not good. Very dangerous. You could fall asleep at the wheel. Think about it.

Another message brought to you by...

Safety Shana

Archived