Boy, oh, boy what a mess FINISHED!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by IBQLTN2

Betsy

that is looking great, any problem with bleeding with all the starch and steam. Alot of red fabric, sure hope she prewashed it first. Your feathering so far is gorgeous.

Jeanne...I've never had fabric bleed with spray starch....have you actually had that happen? Just want to know so I can tell others.

Betsy! You are giving me hope for a DWR I have that was horribly pieced by my niece's grandmother... She's Mexican, they were dirt poor, she used old shirts, trousers, etc. It's very colorful though because the setting pieces are all a bright orangey red.... I'll get to it after the first of the year, she thinks she won't want it, but when it's done, I'm sure she'll treasure it...

You are doing a fabulous job on this one, and I can't wait for final pics!!!

Originally posted by PFroelich

You have worked a miracle....BE VERY CAREFUL you don't get the reputation for this that keeps them coming:P:P

Oh no,no,no,no! I sincerely hope not!!!

BTW Bonnie- no problems with fabric colors bleeding with all the steam I've been using. The fabrics were prewashed. I will be washing the whole quilt when it is finished (at the customer's request) and will use several dye catcher sheets in the wash. I'm making good progress, almost half way done!

Gotta tell you a funny about dye catcher sheets, which by the way I LOVE.

The very first quilt that I quilted on my Jenny was meant for my favorite sister. I had one fabric in it, that even though I had prewashed it still was going to bleed. The color even came off on my hands as I was working with it. Told my sis about the dye catcher sheets. Well, the first time she washed it she called me and was just sick because some of the blue had bled, even though she used the dye catcher sheets. Fast forward to a couple of weeks ago. She called and said, "I probably shouldn't tell you this as your're going to think I'm an idiot." She proceeded to tell me that she had washed her quilt again, and that the very first time she had washed it she had put the dye catcher sheets in with it...in the dryer!:P:P She said, "This time I put the dye catcher sheet in the washer and it worked!!! It even took out the dye where it had bled before!" She is my source of amusement and I love her dearly.

Originally posted by Bonnie

Yeah Betsy....its looking good so far that's for sure...lets just hope the last row is really wonked out.....with that much fullness you might be pushing it downwards so watch out for that as you go.

You're right. I wish the quilt had more horizontal seams for me to use as reference points for lining the quilt up across the width of the frame. I'm pinning alot to try to keep the fullness confined to the area I'm working on so that it (hopefully) won't work it's way to the bottom. I guess I'll know when I get there!!

Archived