We won Grand Champion

How about that! I just called one of my customer's back that is just the sweetest little lady. She is 84 years old and loves to piece. I know you all have seen the quilt she sent me....and if you were at MQS 2 years ago you remember the lavender quilt with stars....

Anyway...Her daughter entered it into the Ozark Empire Fair (a place I went every year as a kid) in Springfield, MO, last summer....and it took Grand Champion. Of course I just found out :mad: If I had known it was there I'm sure my mom would have went to see it.....any way, here is a reminder....

2824643390090312137S425x425Q85.jpg

2157826260090312137S425x425Q85.jpg

2043718420090312137S425x425Q85.jpg

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by yankiequilter

Mr. Margie, are you out there? This is our competition at the fair, so we better get practicing :P

:D:DNot from me!!

This lady's daughter lives in Springfield and usually enters June's quilts in the Ozark Empire Fair...but I didn't know she entered that one.

It's just kind of exciting when your quilt wins a ribbon....wish I had a ribbon :) My customer's quilts have won them before, but I never get a ribbon....that is why I need to be entering my own quilts.

WOW!!!!! I LOVE this! I have not seen this pattern before with the applique in it - SO cool!!

At least I am guessing here - that looks like a bias applique around those lonestars. Makes them look like flowers!

And the quilting too - AWESOME!!! This baby is going right into my Fav's for sure!!!

Congratulions to both of you - don't you just Love those ladies! I have a few sweethearts like that and I really enjoy quilting for them! Hope I will be still at in those days... maybe just do the piecing too and let somebody else do the quilting then.

Judi,

Yes, all of the curved piecing is bias applique. She even cut the diamond shapes out individually in each star. When she showed this to me, just the pictures, I said, "Oh, I have seen this, you use strip piecing, sewing several rows together and cutting them to form a row." She told me, "Oh no, you can't do that, it wouldn't work. You have to cut them out individually." :o I know you don't because I am piecing a spiral lonestar.

I purchased a stack of books from a friend of Sagebrushquilter aka Kristina. In the stack of books was the same book this pattern came from. I felt like I had struck gold!!! I want to try making it some day. Hope I live long enough to make all the quilts on my list ;)

Thank you all for your kind words.

Originally posted by Mary Beth

I purchased a stack of books from a friend of Sagebrushquilter aka Kristina. In the stack of books was the same book this pattern came from. I felt like I had struck gold!!! I want to try making it some day. Hope I live long enough to make all the quilts on my list ;)

You are welcome MB...I am glad someone is getting use out of thise books. :)

What a beautiful quilt. You did a terrific job on this one. Congratulations on the Grand Champion win...too bad you didn't get a ribbon too.

Archived