Raffle Quilt for Middle School Band - Winning ticket pulled!

Hi all...I finished this quilt recently. 78" x 90" finished size after washing/drying.

I machine pieced it and machine quilted it using Baptist Fans with Metro Thread to match the cream background. 100% Bamboo Batting. I am rather pleased with it and thought I would share a photo.

I used 77 different fabrics in the making of this quilt and the binding is by Avlyn Fabrics that has band instruments and music notes and piano keys! I had to have it on this quilt since the raffle benefits the Band Dept.

Parent/Teacher Conferences start tomorrow so I will be displaying this quilt at the various schools this week. I hope ticket sales go well. This is my first ever quilt to donate of this size, single-handedly made, for a raffle that I am spearheading. I am a bit nervous!

post--13461903768886_thumb.jpg

Great quilt, Kristina - and for a great cause! I remember how important band in Winnemucca was to us - especially girls, as in those days there were no girls' sports, so band was the only competitive and team thing that girls could do. I still have many wonderful memories. We raised money in lots of ways - but never had a fabulous quilt like yours to help us on our way. Good luck with the fund raising - heaven knows that elective programs need all the help they can get these days.

Archived