Sharing my Most Excellent News

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats, Dory!

I keep daydreaming of retiring at 62...less than 2 years to go, but I'm not sure the numbers will work out. I may have to stay till 66. On the other hand, I like my 2 bosses and my job is OK (could be a heck of a lot worse!). My commute is only 15-20 minutes each way, so I really can't find anything to complain about, other than I'd rather be home quilting.

Congratulations Dory! I too want to retire early (at 56) and stay home and quilt . I've worked it all out, but still have 4 years to go. Logic tells me that I should at least wait until my boys are finished school and successfully on their own. I think I can stick it out, but who know what will happen. I'd love it to be sooner!

Have fun and enjoy the 'ride'! :D

Dory,

Congrats on the retirement. Did you feel a big weight lift off your shoulders? I too was in a job I hated and the day I walked out the door to retire was one of my happiest days. They are right about time management. I don't do a very good job with it.

Pamela

Congrats Dory! Now we can look forward to many, many beautiful quilts coming off your Millie! :D I too would love to retire and be able to quilt all the time but I have the medical insurance for my DH and I so I can't do it yet. I just turned 55 so I will have 7 years to go. But that's ok because we have "a plan" and I really, really enjoy my day job, and we all know how quickly 7 years can go by. ;) So have fun splitting your time up between your ponies and your quilts!

You guys are all great! I truly did feel a weight lift when I told my boss; I don't even mind going to work so much anymore. Everytime I'm dealing with someone or something negative, I just smile to myself and know that there is an end in sight! Medical insurance will be scary for us when Dennis retires. With my back being a pre-existing condition, I'm not sure what kind of coverage we'll be able to get. But I'm going to cross that bridge when I come to it.

I hope I can keep building my business and give up the other jobs taking minutes; but even if that takes awhile, it won't matter. Other than being at the actual meetings, all work for them is from home!

Life is looking up!!

Congratulations, Dory. Life is short so enjoy your time. Maybe you'll find your back problems subside now that you're not under so much stress. Let's hope so, anyway.

I'm so envious when I hear about your riding. I'd love to have a horse.

Archived