Another Newbie

I purchased my APQS machine in March. Since that time I've been spending lots of time practicing and taking notes from all of the good information that is shared on this site.

A friend and I made a quilt to donate to a charity and it was quilted today. (Only a panto, I'm not that brave yet!)My first project!!!! I had to share this with you, as I've already called all of my family and friends and no one understands how great this feels.

Thanks for letting me share!

Dana

welocme to the forum Dana! and congratulations on your first quilt!! I know what a great feeling that is! I got my Millie last September and have only done about 7 or 8 quilts....all pantos until last weekend when I finally got the courage to do a small baby quilt from the front of the machine. Oh, what a good feeling to have done that! I was too afraid to try anything freehand before. I did exactly as you.... spent alot of time on the forum taking notes, and searching the internet for information. This forum is a terrific place for inspiration. Practice lots on a dry erase board, and before long you'll be at the front of your machine having a ball! Relax and have fun!

Welcome, Dana! Many of us are at MQS right now, so not many actually here right now, which is unusual. Sounds like you dove right in. Good for you! I know you are having a ball, and I can imagine your excitment! Families of quilters or LAer's may not understand our addiction or excitement, but they sure enjoy the fruits of our labor! Enjoy, yourself and come back often! oh, yeah....pictures!!!!!!

Dana, congratulations!! I got my machine late last fall and have only done about 5 quilts with pantos. I have just returned from MQX and yeterday moved to the front of the machine with rulers and templates in hand. Not perfect, but no where near as scary as anticipated. The best advice I have heard is: "There are NO quilt police!"

Enjoy!!

Great news!!! My Mollie was delivered the 8th of March, I also have been practicing! Love, love, love this forum!!!! Loads of good information, encouragement , and great ideas! There are no reps close by and I would be so lost without this site. Makes APQS even better!

Archived