Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!!

I was a vendor at a quilt show in Thompson Falls, Montana this past weekend and had a chance to look at the quilts in the show, before the vendor mall opened up on Saturday morning. Imagine my surprise when I came around a corner and saw this quilt.....

post--13461903990602_thumb.jpg

Definitely NOT her first quilt - and an award winner in the Youth Division - and in a judged show, at that! I was so proud of her - and so glad to be her inspiration. I told her she could copy my quilts any time!:P

Barb, what a great story! and I am sure the young lady was just as happy/suprised to be able to meet the woman who made the quilt that inspired her to create one of her own. You touched a young quilters life and she will remember this as I am sure you will as well for the rest of your lives :)

Fate is awesome!:cool:

And Barb, congratulations to you for making such a joy of the whole thing. Some people get their noses way out of joint if someone even looks at their quilts sideways or even considers copying. The same thing goes for recipes. What good is it if that person goes to the grave with the "secret recipe"? Thanks for being a mentor.

Archived