no laughing you guys...

meg

ok - i am going to try and post some pics of my first real quilt that i just finished up.....of course it is bad, but if i don't embarrass myself by showing you i will have no incentive to make the next one better.

i used the swirls and little bit of everything template for the star blocks. i used the cross hatching for the border.

and remember..be nice...NO LAUGHING! ;)

post--13461904033108_thumb.jpg

thanks you guys for all the kind words of encouragement. it is great to get that first one behind me - and even tho it isnt great - it passes the 'riding by on a galloping horse' test - so its all good. the 2 bolts of muslin that i used for practicing & tension play just didnt count.

it was the perfect first quilt since i let my son pick the fabrics and it will be on his bed. he sleeps with frannie - our yellow lab so it will take a beating. i really didnt put any pressure on myself. had no plan - just loaded it and tried a bunch of different things.

i knew you wouldnt laugh at me - at least so i could hear ya - i was just kidding around! but the next one will be better - i promise.

Archived