Anti fatigue mat

Oh boy...I need those soooo bad! I am wanting to rip out the carpeting in my quilting room, and put in wood floors..so I can get those anti fatigue mats as well.

There are alot of "office" supply stores that sell them..and I know I have seen numerous places "on line" too. Just google them..your choices are endless.

Styles, colors...etc.

Originally posted by ManQuilter

Here's the one I have. I ordered the 12ftx3ft. Before I got it I could only quilt for 2-3 hrs a day and my knees and hips would ache. Now I can quilt for 12+hrs no problem :)

:o where's the one you have? imwtk

If you live near a Rural King store they have an anti-fatigue mat on a roll. Priced buy the foot, you could get any lenght you want. I don't remember the price exactly- seems like 8.99 a foot. I don't have it myself to tell about the quality.

Like Pam I too bought the one at lowe's that you can buy by the yard. I love it, and bought about 4 yards and move it from the front (when I use it to do custom work) to the back when I do pantos...

I have carpeting and it is saving wear and tear on the carpet as well as my feet since I am in the basement.

I purchased them at Home Depot on a Friday, and took them back on Monday. They off-gassed and smelled so badly that I could smell them on the 2nd floor, even t hough they were in the basement. Now I've got 2 wool braided rugs down there, and between those and my birkenstock shoes (I live in Oregon, after all), I can quilt for hours. Besides, the rugs are prettier than antifatigue mats.

However, here at the shop we've got them behind the cutting counter, and I don't know how I'd live without them here. Be sure to give them the sniff test before you purchase them, and make sure that you can stand them.

Originally posted by vtquilter52

I have one also I purchased my at Lowes and it snaps to gether and I love it.

I had those until my youngest dog ate them piece by piece!! :mad: He'd sneak into my room and do it! lol

I was looking at the gel mats that are sold at Bed Bath and Beyond. I might buy a small one first to see how it works.

Who has the snap together ones on carpet? Mine slide all over the place, causing me to tripp over them. I'm going to IKEA (first time) in a few weeks, do they sell these mats? If I wear Crocs my feet/legs feel better, but normally I quilt in my bare feet. After years of being trapped in combat boots my feet scream to be free.:D

My machine is on laminate flooring over concrete floors. I've had the snap together mats and I've had the by-the-yard mats from Lowes. I've been thinking about buying one of the gel filled chef's mats from Bed Bath and Beyond. They're expensive but it sure would be wonderful to quilt for longer stretches of time and not have aching legs and knees. Anyone have a gel filled mat??

Renee'

I have a gel mat in front of my ironing baord and love it. It is very heavy, so it doesn't slide on my tile floor.

I also have the clip together foam mats (usually used inside tents etc when camping) in front of my machine.

For working from the panto side I wear my crocs.

The gel mat feels better under bare feet, as the clip togethers have holes that sometimes form a vacuum under the foot, so you get popping sounds!!

Wouldn't be able to spend the hours quilting on tile floors without them.

Lyn

I just ordered a 3 x 12 foot for in front of my machine and a 2 x 4' for in front of my kitchen bar--where I work with 5 grandkids on crafts. I've stood on them at trade shows and they are heavenly. I ordered from express mats - no shipping. They are pricey..but no odor, and I'm counting on added longevity to my quilting life!

Okay, I have the puzzle piece matts in my entire sewing/quilting room as I have painted cement. For those of you that have them on carpet or that keep coming apart do the following. Flip them over so the back side that you want on the floor is up, put a short piece of duct tape across the seam to hold them together. In the rug department at Walmart they sell anti slip grip stuff for rugs on the roll and it sticks to the bottom of rugs. Try putting a piece all around the ouside edges and mabe a piece in the middle of the puzzle pieces and you should have problems even getting those little suckers to move to adjust them.

Hope this helps.

Shirley