i didn't have my V8 this morning....

so i'm happily quilting along and run out of bobbin. i had noticed that my needle was making that popping sound, so i decide to change it....since i'm changingmy needle, mise well clean and oil the bobbin assembly. so i do all that and go to start quilting again and i can't find my bobbin case and bobbin...i looked every where....i'm at the bottom of the quilt, so i checked that it hadn't rolled between the layers....i looked everywhere.....

then i realized i was holding it in my mouth!!!!

*shrug* it's gonna be one of those days

Must be something in cyber space causing all this. I was trimming a quilt after I had applied the binding with my longarm..........didn't notice the binding had gotten folded over under my ruler and I made a nice "V" slice in the binding. Thankfully, I didn't get the quilt and I did have more binding to repair it..........UGH! I probably shouldn't have been doing anything with a machine or sharp objects today. I have a head cold and a little "foggy". Once I fixed the binding, I quit ! The quilt is for charity, so no biggie there either. I got lucky this time. :D:D

I took the top of a bottle of odorless thinner when working with my oil paint sticks. Layed it down and later couldn't find it! Looked throught the trash bin 3 times, wandered all over the house, no top. Gave up, took a nap, and when I went back into the studio, there was the bottle cap, sitting on top of a white spool of thread. Now I never put it there!!! Or did I????

Shannon,

I totally agree with the genius theory. I have spend several minutes looking for my cell phone while having a conversation on it, made kool-aid and put it into the cabinet instead of the frig, and the list goes on.

Like you said, there are just so many ideas going on at the same time, that I can't keep up!

everyday - at least once - i search and search for my reading glasses. i find them on top of my head. while this does not seem unusual, wouldn't one think after all these years - MANY YEARS - that i would think to look there immediately? but no - i run upstairs, look all over my sewing room, each cabinet, cutting table, floor...and then it dawns on me. i reach up and there they are....

i have also gone to bed with my sunglasses on top of my head. when dh came to bed, i awoke to his hysterical laughing. he then pointed it out that i was sound asleep, head on my pillow, in my pj's, teeth brushed - which means i even looked in the mirror and didnt notice before hitting the hay.

a mind is a terrible thing to lose. ;)

I'm probably going to get myself in trouble here, but as I look over the avatar pictures I see a lot of blondes. Now you don't think that may have something to do with these misplacements? :P:P:P

Just kidding, I have my share of misplacements. btw I'm a blonde too!

I can look and look for something and not find it. Later I walk by the exact spot it should have been, and yep, it is right there. I just look up towards the heavens and say , "Thank you" with a smile. I have stopped trying to figure out the sequence of events and just appreciate that I found it. I know...it sounds corny, but it happens over and over again. And no...I haven't had any Merlot this evening. :)

Originally posted by Liam1964

I'm probably going to get myself in trouble here, but as I look over the avatar pictures I see a lot of blondes. Now you don't think that may have something to do with these misplacements? :P:P:P

Just kidding, I have my share of misplacements. btw I'm a blonde too!

oh yes - lets blame it on the hair color. sounds so much better than advancing age! :cool:

"I'm probably going to get myself in trouble here, but as I look over the avatar pictures I see a lot of blondes. Now you don't think that may have something to do with these misplacements? :P:P:P"

I have noticed that the older we get, the BLONDER my friends get! lol!

Just had a class reunion, and couldn't believe how many blondes were there! and was thinking, She wasn't blonde in HS! hee hee hee!

Archived