Time for some fun!

I have been helping my daughter with her English 102 papers for the last few weeks. Man it has been a long time since I had to write a paper. Tonight I told my husband that I was going backwards in my academic studies. I have an undergraduate degree, a Master's degree and now I am working on an Associate degree. He told me I needed some laughs!!! I can always find laughs with my friends of the forum so here goes.

What have you rolled up in quilt while it is on the frame. I'll start:

scissors

bobbins and cases

notes

cellphone

ipod

and GLASSES!!:o

snips and my little one. i will say that tray that comes with the qz really helps me to keep things off the quilt top.

oh yeah - & the tip of Alvin's tail - he jumped so high and spun around like a cartoon character! Now he stays off the frame!

Sandra,

I have a PhD and I rejoice everytime I get through another grade with my son (almost to high school).

I got my pinky finger stuck in the cardboard spool of a coats & coats spool of thread. Though I was gonna have to have it cut off (my finger). Not the best day in Donna land.

Donna:D

I just love this thread! Only a LA quilter would even know what the question was about! I can't believe what everyone has lost in their 'quilt roll'. I have never actually lost anything in my quilt roll. I use a tray and have managed to discipline myself enough to use that tray, but I can easily see how one can lose their items. Does this count as a faux pas? I once quilted an entire quilt with the backing with the right side in instead of out - exposing the seam...

I have sewed in a seam ripper and a flower head pin. Since I never lay anything on the quilt top, especially not anything sharp, I have no idea where the seam ripper came from. Maybe I can blame dh!

I have done what Caroline did as well and sewed the backing with the right side inside. Thank goodness it was my own quilt. I just cut a long strip of coordinating fabric and hand stitched it over the exposed seam rather than rip everything out.

Archived