valentine day presents

I gave my husband 14 boxes of Chocolate Covered Cherries! He couldn't stop grinning as he was pulling box after box out of the bags!

He gave me a rose scented candle with a promise of a full body massage by him-----when he gets over having the FLU!

Happy Valentin's Day everyone!!!

My hubby gave me a beautiful card with all the "mushy" stuff that he says he feels but doesn't usually say, and some cash for my "quilty stuff". :D:D I gave him a big beautiful box of chocolates because he is a die-hard chocoholic, and a "mushy" card. We will be married for 38 years in June, but we still never forget Valentine's Day. Gotta keep the romance alive! ;)

My DH brought home a surprise for me, a little air compressor for under my machine and a mushy Valentine's card. I think that's just the sweetest! Totally unexpected, too, as after 37 years of marriage we tend to not buy gifts any more but just give cards. So nice to hear from those who are relating their wonderful Valentine's day events, and I wish a Happy Valentine's day to everyone on the forum. I don't know any of you personally, but consider all of you friends. Like so many others, I can't wait to log on each morning to see what everyone's been doing.

My DH gave me a card and some $$ for whatever I want! He said it broke his heart to see just 3 flowers for over $25.00!! So I got the cash and no flowers. Great for me cause I'll spend it on quilting stuff! Lasts longer!

I gave him a card and made him a really nice breakfast.(something I only do maybe four times a year!)

Now, too bad he has to work until 10pm tonight! :mad:

Since our anniversary (34th) is/was on the 12th we focus on that instead of Valentine's day--we just take advantage of all the marketing options out there. We had an escape weekend to the MN North Shore, stopped at quilt shops on the way up and back, let him get pictures of the frozen waterfalls, and he gave me a ring with amythest hearts and a couple diamond chips. Usually, jewelery isn't on his list for me, so this was very special. Now he is outside clearing out the icy/slush in the driveway so he can bring in the new stove he bought last Thursday. I think I'll go for another 34 years, just won't repeat having and raising the 5 kids!

I don't want or need flowers cuz they just die in a few days....waste of $$ if you ask me. But chocolate? Bring it on baby!!! :cool:

On my lunch break today, I ran to the grocery store and picked up a bottle of cabernet savignon, some steaks and I'm making a tomato curry with coconut rice side dish. I've not made the curry dish before but it sounds good. I really don't expect or need any gifts for Valentines. Really (honestly) just having hubby with me and eating the home cooked dinner I made for him is all I want in return. :) He's a sweetie to put up with me all these years, anyway; we've been together since 1990. Time flies!

I told my DH long ago not to buy me flowers because they just die in a couple of days. I'd rather have a gift certificate or $$ for my quilting things, too. :>) I kidded him this morning and said, "where's my box of chocolates??" He reminded me I shouldn't have that stuff (diabetes). :(

I DO get to stop at Hancock's of Paducah Monday on our way to Florida ! Can't wait for that. :P:P:P

I got a nice card, steak dinner and a new dishwasher, washing machine and refrigerator. Tomorrow he is going to take out the old dishwasher and replace it with the new one. The old one works fine but the spokes in the racks are breaking off. They sure don't make things like they used to.

the kids are taking dad and i out tonight to a drum concert at the high school. local high school drummers drumming on trash cans and other stuff and suppose to be quite fun. It is called "heartbeat". The students dance and use spoons and sticks and other crazy things.

update: we had a ball. 5 kids put on a 30 minute concert filled with water splashing off drums, xylophones, garbage can drums, bongos..even a pantomime of a kid playing various instruments. Breakdancing, street dancing and getting the crowd involved made for a great valentines.

Archived