Sisters Basket Quilt 1 of 3

My Customer just came and picked up the first of 3 identical Quilts she made, one for each of her sisters and one for herself. The Basket Handles are appliqued and the baskets set on white Muslin. She was very happy and gave me the biggest hug I ever got from a Customer yet. We both are "tickled pink" with the quilting and she is eager to share this beautiful Quilt with you all.

2762353160101261555S500x500Q85.jpg

2140665400101261555S500x500Q85.jpg

2326115610101261555S500x500Q85.jpg

Originally posted by quiltlover03

Thanks Vicki, I think the Baskets are just marvelous. I used a wool batting and tightly stippled inside the handles to make the basket "pop", it worked!

It sure did - work, that is! I can see why the customer is happy. It's a beautiful quilt.

Monica, once again, you have created an absolutely gorgeous quilt! Your feathers are soooo beautiful! So if you are doing all three the same, do you have to take pictures or make notes to yourself to remember how you have quilted some of the areas? Maybe it's just me..........:o but sometimes if I've been working on a quilt for awhile, by the time I get to the bottom borders, I don't remember exactly what I did on the top so have to roll the quilt back and double check it......:P

It's no surprise that your customer is absolutely thrilled! :)

My favorites folder is getting so full that I have started printing out pictures of everyone's beautiful quilts and putting them in sleeve protectors in a 3 ring binder. Then when I load a quilt on my frame, I flip through the pages to get some ideas if I am stuck on a certain block or sashing. :):) Very inspirational and I don't need to fire up my laptop to get some quick ideas!

Archived