Christmas in.......February?

Does everybody love wool batting? I do!!!

Here is a holiday Hunter's Star--very nicely pieced with a batik backer. I needed a motif (not necessarily Christmas-y) to fill the odd shaped area--the cream and green. After some drawing, I came up with this leaf. I was able to stitch continuously around the center stars doing all four cream areas and also catch the cream diamonds of the center star.

Then the green with green thread--the red diamonds of the centers were stitched with the green as well-- because the red had a black line-print of holly, the green thread looked black on that print. Lucky!

SID the red zinger and a quick C-curve in the border--nothing shows there except the texture.

Wool batting made all the difference with this one.

It looks Victorian to me!

(Oops--sorry--should have posted under "Pictures":o)

post--13461905583321_thumb.jpg

Originally posted by meg

linda -

i have never used wool batt. i have only used qd cotton, qd blend and hobbs 80/20.

if you have time, can you 'splain what exactly you mean?????

thanks linda.

This one was Tuscany wool, made by Hobbs--which is soooo even and consistent.

QD makes wool, as does Legacy and Hobbs has an heirloom wool as well.

My customer chose this one because it was only a few dollars more than the premium cotton batting offered at the LQS. It was a full bed size batting.

Wool quilts easily, the stitches really show, and it is bed-friendly--not too hot and it breathes. The Tuscany has very little shrinkage and washes and dries with a little extra care.

thanks linda - when i get a bit better, i will try it. right now, i dont mind it ifmy stitches dont show :D:P:D:D:P

Originally posted by ffq-lar

Originally posted by meg

linda -

i have never used wool batt. i have only used qd cotton, qd blend and hobbs 80/20.

if you have time, can you 'splain what exactly you mean?????

thanks linda.

This one was Tuscany wool, made by Hobbs--which is soooo even and consistent.

QD makes wool, as does Legacy and Hobbs has an heirloom wool as well.

My customer chose this one because it was only a few dollars more than the premium cotton batting offered at the LQS. It was a full bed size batting.

Wool quilts easily, the stitches really show, and it is bed-friendly--not too hot and it breathes. The Tuscany has very little shrinkage and washes and dries with a little extra care.

I have always love wool batting...maybe that's coz we are sheep farmers and it adds warmth to a bed quilt for us in Scotland...I don't know?....lol....but this is a wonderful idea for a hunters star...another quilt that is on my 'to do list', I've got Eleanors pattern book and templates...When I see this beauty from you I don't know what I'm waiting for!

Great Quilting....as usual! It's already in my favorites!

I always use wool for my quilts and after seeing a few of mine done, I am having more customers ask for it. It is so light and drapey yet warm.

The design you came up with is wonderful. I have a Hunter's star coming up and now I am really looking forward to quilting it. Thanks for taking all the planning time out of my schedule. I really does look amazing with this pattern.

Archived