Japan's earthquake

How tragic for the people of Japan that there has been a huge 8.4 earthquake which has caused huge damage as well as a tsunami. The TV photos are horrendous and is much more serious than we endured here in NZ.

Thoughts and prayers are with the people of Japan.

I am beginning to wonder what is happening to our world, when will the storms and earthquakes stop. It must be so depressing for all those unfortunately affected.

Aroha

Yvonne

We are on a tsunami watch here. Tjeu are supposed to start arrivong at 7:00ish in the morning. We are packed and ready to leave if necessary. Our house is just a block from the ocean. It could be a long night.

My heart goes out to the folks in Japan. The pics on the news were incredible.

Linda, I will be thinking about you and hope your home is not damaged and that you are not injured.

I'll certainly being some prayers for the people in Japan.

I also heard that Alaska will be effected by the tsunami. Our friend Shana does not live near the coast, so I think she will be OK.

My son, Andrew, lives in San Francisco, but he is here visiting my daughter who just had the new baby a week and a half ago, so he won't be effected (and lives in a rental property in SF).

Catherine & Hitomi are in Hawaii. I hope they are OK.

I just heard about it and the pictures are awful, my prayers go out for the people in Tokyo. When we lived in AK we lived right on the coast (Ketchikan) and had to prepare for a tsunami once, thankfully when the wave arrived it was only several feet and did not come over the sea wall in our back yard. Fortunately those in Hawaii and the west coast have time to prepare unlike those in Japan....I hope no more lives are lost!

Hi all,

Thank you for all your thoughts. The reverse 911 emergency system called us about 4:00AM and said to evacuate so we called our son and grandson next door and headed for the hills. We were allowed home about an hour ago. The surges continue to come in but not high enough to cause any damage.

The good news is, besides the fact that the waves were smaller than expected, the emergency tsunami system we have been planning for worked very well.

The pictures from Japan are still awful. I sure feel for them.

Originally posted by Von Roberts

I am beginning to wonder what is happening to our world, when will the storms and earthquakes stop.

Aroha

Yvonne

You'll find some pretty good explanations for all of this in the Bible. Increased storms, earthquakes, wars, etc. All eventually leading up to the events described in the book of Revelations.

Archived