NQR QUICK FUNNY ON ME (TMI maybe)

I've been dreading the "big sqeeze" for a couple weeks :(. I jumped out of bed this morning. I took a shower, being sure not to get any fragrant soap on the specified areas, shaved the pits with water only. :o Remembered, no deodrant!!! Rushed off to get to the Breast Clinic 30 minutes early (by 0630AM). Plowed through morning traffic, "made it". Smiled as I entered the "cold" waiting room and said I'm here for my 0700AM appointment!!! The receptionist gave me a look and said "sweetie" I don't have a 0700 appointment. She checked the computer :D, your appointment is 7 July not 7 June:D. She said, you are early ;), but we better wait until next month or TRICARE won't cover it (less then a year). I felt stupid and said thanks, see you next month:o:o:o

:P:P:P:D:D:P:P

Now Connie, did you practice for this exam?? You know, lay on your garage floor, place boob under car wheel, have DH roll the car forward, back up repeat! :P:P:P Yep, that's about what it feels like! 'Specially if you have big ones like I do. (mostly fat I say) :D:D:D:P:P

Linnea!!!!! :P

Well about 10 years ago, one of my (new at the time) coworkers birthday was coming up. HR had given me the date 3/4 So we had a cake and card signed and we all sang happy birthday...... he smiled, blushed and said thanks for the birthday greeting but it's next month (4/3 (april 3) --- not 3/4 (march 4) :D.. :cool:

Linda, you know, a MAN did invent that machine! The worse one is the one they put you in for a needle biopsy. (also invented by a MAN) When they tell you there is a trough on top of the needle, believe me you do NOT want to know how BIG that needle is!! YIKES!! I almost ripped myself out of that thing it hurt sooo bad. Fortunately, it was not as bad as having cancer and it came back negative.

EEESSHH never had one either, need to i am 50 +.

Is this like when you are pregnant with your first baby and EVERY older woman feels the need to tell you a horror story of birth? Then you have the baby and what the heck? The dr doesn't use his WHOLE arm:P

Guest Linda S

Oh dear, Connie! That early in the morning, you'd better be sure to eat something first. I once had an early morning squeeze appointment and ended up sort of hanging from the machine when I passed out! 8^P

Originally posted by LinneaMarie

Linda, you know, a MAN did invent that machine! The worse one is the one they put you in for a needle biopsy. (also invented by a MAN) When they tell you there is a trough on top of the needle, believe me you do NOT want to know how BIG that needle is!! YIKES!! I almost ripped myself out of that thing it hurt sooo bad. Fortunately, it was not as bad as having cancer and it came back negative.

Oh Yeah.........been there and done that one, too ! He said I was "numbed" and wouldn't feel a thing. WRONG !!! I never wanted to slug a man more in my life. :mad:

Janette, you better talk to you doctor. Every woman should have those exams. It's better to be safe than sorry later. I have so many friends that have waited to get tests done and now they are either passed on or is going through major treatment. If they would have caught it early enough, they probably still be here. I sometimes, tell the doctor to run every test available just to make sure everything is OK.

I worked in a radiology dept for about 6 years and there was a group of women who made their appts all on the same day, one right after the other. When it was all over, they went out and shopped and had lunch and had a great time. They felt they were deserving and I agree. Also, a great support group to make sure everyone goes. One of the most treatable, if caught early. It only lasts a minute, and well worth it!

Connie so sorry that you went through all that for nothing and now have to look forward to doing it all again next month but as they say - good for you for getting it done! I lost my mom to breast ca and I have gone every year since age 32...it is important to do all you can to prevent it!

I get B-12 shots monthly...no, not weight loss surgery...I just don't have the protein that B-12 binds to...

Anyways, I'm a familiar face at the dr. Couple of months ago, the nurse gave me a funny look...turned out I was 24 hrs early.

I feel your pain.

And why am I always on time or early, NEVER late for anything? Because my mom took me to my very first birthday party when I was in kindergarten...a day late!!! The birthday girl was so gracious...but I'll never forget that feeling. All dressed up. Sitting by myself while she consulted with her mom.

Blessed is she who can laugh at herself, for she shall never cease to be amused.

Anita

Ladies if you are over fifty then you should be having one.

I make sure I make my appointment for a summer month so I don't have as many layers to take off.

Now should I mention the check of the other " end" we should all be having regularly too! My dad died of bowel cancer so that is on my list of frequent checks.

Lyn

Connie, sorry you had to do a dry run a month early. I hope that other than that you are fine.

Janette, it isn't that bad. The first one I did they said to stop having caffeine and I did. I think the headache from going caffeine free was worse that the "flattening" procedure. After that I didn't pay any attention to this folklore. I have rewarded myself with a hot fudge sundae after the appointment. But they are so right, if a man had to have his private parts flattened like that the machinery would be changed!!!!!!

I had to do the same thing this morning. I told the girl that a man had to invent that machine and she laughed and said that was true. She also told me that new technology is in the works to make the exam a lot like a CAT scan so that it would just rotate over you. Do you think a woman is behind this new technology? I think so.

Janett don't be scared it isn't that bad. It's worth the squeeze. They haven't popped my implants yet!!! I always feel like I've accomplished something when the results come back negative. I've been going every year since I turned 40 (18 years ago). I've had great technicians who could squeeze with little pain and some that forget I'm only 5FT tall. I would rather get a mamo 150 time more then a colonostcopy (thank goodness they're not yearly)!!! However, there both super necessary.

Thanks everyone, I'm so glad I have you all to share with!!:D

Archived