Meandering Feathers

I agree with everyone else. Your quilt is wonderful! I love those meandering feathers and do that technique a bunch. It is really nice for going around piecing that has lots of empty space around it and for going around applique. I just used it yesterday and it is so fun to do. I hope there is much meandering in your future. Be sure to use leaves, ferns, and even whimsical feathers using the same technique. Go girl!

Kathy,

I just looked through your blog and wanted to say I think it is very well done. Also, did you get your Tamarack Shack bags from Virginia Longarm, or somewhere else? I bought some last year when I first started my business, but they are zippered bags that I did my own embroidery on to say "Darlington Quilts." I am getting ready to order more bags, so am looking around for ideas and at prices.

Also wanted to say your hand dyed fabrics are gorgeous!

Loved your quilt block of the hairy legs. Even though I am in Philadelphia, I do understand. :P

Sandy

Wow, thanks for all your lovely comments :)

Cindy, the majority of my clients want E2E to keep costs down so I don't get too many opportunities for custom.

Sandra I order my bags through www.4imprint.ca and here is the link on the bags on the Canadian site http://www.4imprint.ca/tag/106/Totes/product/C7686-1620/Promotional-Tote-Gusseted-16-x-20

I know they have an American site as well so you should be able to find then there but I think they go by a different bag name.

I have some more fabric dyeing planned this summer, I'm going to try sun-resist dyeing so I'll be sure to blog about that.

As for the 'hairy legs' block ...I'm glad others share our sense of humour! :P

Kathy,

I have a question, but first, the feathers you stitched are absolutely fantastic. I hope to try this very soon and I hope mine comes out as nicely as yours.

My question is did you stitch the mandering lines first, like in the book Meandering Magic?

Lovely job and it must feel really good to be able to take the summer off for yourself and your projects, that is a very good idea, not that I quilt for others but scheduling your own time like that is probably a good idea to avoid burnout. Good for you!!

Archived