On the downhill side!

Well, I had my followup appointment with the surgeon yesterday. I'm good to go and don't have to go back unless something comes up. Just have to finish healing and work on getting my core strength back. Still spending a LOT of time laying down or in the recliner, but less every day. This has been a long nine month trip. It's hard to believe that I started getting sick 2 days after meeting Heidi, and Connie (?), at the Houston Show at the end of October. I'm glad I'll be ready for the next one!

I want to thank everyone for your prayers, calls, emails and U2U's. I know I've been really quiet on here lately, just holding my breath I think! I love you all and appreciate the gift that each of you are!

Charlotte! I knew Connie wasn't right, but it was the only "C" name in my dopey head, sorry Charlotte! Forgot to tell you that I've officially lost another 13lbs after this surgury. That's an official total of 75 lbs. It's wonderful that it's gone, but I don't recomend removing 1/3 of your colon to do it! I feel like one of those people in an infomercial, "I lost 75lbs, and this is how you can do it, too!". :D:D:D And my tummy looks like a crazy quilt! I told the Dr yesterday I'd thought about drawing a cut here note on my tummy for him. I'm remembering things here and there that happened, I remember him coming into surgery right before I went under, and singing lullaby to me as I went out. I lost 2 whole days after the surgery, but remember him coming to check on me on the third day and cracking up when he walked into my room. I just flashed on him learning over me singing! If anyone in the Houston area needs a general surgeon I have one I highly recommend!

Archived