Quilting with Tears!

OK, I know that I get sappy but I just had to let you know that sometimes you CAN quilt with tears in your eyes! lol Because of health problem with myself and my DH, I haven't touch my Freedom (Agnes) for a year, other that keeping it oiled, dusting, and going in to whisper sweet nothings to her. Today I threaded and started her up and worked on a quilt that's been on the frame for nearly that whole year. Agnes performed like the champ she is. The tension and stitches were still perfect. It was like waltzing with a well known partner. Thank you APQS for an unbelieveable machine!

Guest Linda S

Barb - I must tell you that there have been several occasions where I've got the music cranked, I'm dancing with my machine, enjoying the quilting, and I'll just burst into tears. Tears of joy. It does a soul good to be doing what you love.

Dear Barb:

Welcome back to what you love to do..... I understand quite well where your coming from. I too soon will be joining you in the journey back to quilting on our wonderful APQS machine.

I have a 2002 Millie, been at it for a while, but the last few years, health problems, 3 joint replacements, and my husband passing away last year, I wasn't sure what to do if I should keep my machine or sell it, lost all interest in everything quilting.....so Fabio sat gathering dust. Well, now I'm back to piecing a gorgeous (hopefully) paper pieced quilt, almost done. Then.....I will replace my old canvas leaders with new ones, prepare it all for the Red Snappers and join you Joan, and I'm sure, like you, will be crying for joy..... .

How blessed we all are to be able to do what we love with the aid of our wonderful APQS machines.....we are truly blessed.

Sorry for blabbing on so, but I could so relate to you Joan.....can't wait to see some of your "show'n'tell" .....

Happy Quilting....

Archived