how would you...

I'd put a panto on it which would look great with gold or silver glide thread which blends really nicely accross all of those gorgeous colours.... Actually I would be looking at the golds rather than silvers and greys. I have a dark and a light gold from glide which look great on almost every quilt top.

Is this a catch 22 question...have I seen this quilt before Mrs Doodlebug....lol....????

If it has to be a panto/edge to edge, I think something edgy and geometric with straight lines or spiral squares to contrast with all those curves.

Here's one on one of my very early quilts

It's 'Fracture' by Keryn Emmerson.....

You being the Doodlebug would be able to do something like this freehand I'm sure....

I'd choose an electric blue thread

post--13461907004005_thumb.jpg

I would do an all over design swinging from one outside curve to the next inside curve with some spirals inside; not in every one but randomly. I would make some curves look like the sun with rays coming from them almost echoing the outside border flowers. I would use purply/blue thread.

I also think something like Circle lord "Square Dance" would look great.

LIME GREEN without a shadow of a doubt!!!

Instead of the full E2E, can you do a quick "chantilly lace" type stitch in the "pie crust" pieces, and one of your fancy doodle-bug designs in the pie piece?

It's a shame she wants E2E, cuz i'm definitely NOT an E2E quilter.

Such a shame, cuz it's screaming for some fancy custom work.

Archived