It will quilt out?

I picked up this quilt from a customer this summer and while we were talking, she "mentioned" that the center of her quilt was not quite laying flat. Yikes! I said well why don't we just check it before I leave. Oh My! I wish I had taken pictures before I quilted it. The blue border around the pieced stars was all straight of grain, and in the middle, in the background fabric around the pieced star, there was about a 2 inch bump of extra fabric trapped by the blue border. Thank goodness the rest of the quilt was perfectly flat. Well... We talked about it and I told her there may be a pucker or tuck in there.

We chose wool batting for extra loft and off I went. I was so nervous and very careful as I worked down the quilt. Lo and behold the saying is really true. That scary big bump of extra fabric quilted out! Not a pucker or tuck in site. My big old boy"( yes my machine is male) got an extra good cleaning that day.

I did use a background fill in that area that I knew I could "push'

some of that extra fullness around in if I needed to.

I love happy endings!

Chris

post--1346190761103_thumb.jpg

Chris, this is Fabulous! I really like the quilt pattern, but your quilting makes it shine. Your feathers are so perfect, I'm drooling over them. I wish I could do feathers like that, but my backtracking stinks....oh well, maybe one day. At least I can enjoy the ones you guys share with us. Keep up the good work!

Archived