Friday chuckle...true story!

My son is over 6' tall. He special orders a new pair of jeans from a popular teens/young adults department store...expensive jeans...jeans with holes already in them. (You all know the style I am talking about).

We farm...ok...he wears the jeans for the first time to some event and then gets told to go to Grandma and Grandpa's on the way home and get in a tractor and go do some field work. Being the great kid he has been taught to be, he runs down the basement at grandma's and gets a pair of his work jeans and changes in grandma's bathroom. Typical teenager, he leaves the new jeans on the floor and takes off.

Grandma is this wonderful quilter and seamstress and is the world's greatest Grandma. She picks up his jeans, launders them and then PATCHES them!! Bless her heart...Tyson and non of us have had the heart to tell her that those brand new jeans were supposed to have holes in them.

He proudly wears them, patches and all, and tells his buddies he has the best grandmother!

That is too funny ,lol ,....but now all those expensive acid washed jeans have now been tossed into my sewing room because they have continued to rip in places that need to be covered so I am now stuck forever re-patching all these jeans that they love, but now the style they are selling has patches on them at JC Pennys so now they are still on top of the changing styles ,lol

Oh I love this! About a year ago I decided I needed new jeans because mine had holes in them. Little did I realize they come that way now. It took me ages to find jeans with no holes! What a good grandma, and your son is a love for proudly wearing the patches!

Precious, I love this story. It is so heart warming. Great son and grandma. She thought she was doing a wonderful thing. My daughter wears those holey jeans and I hate it. She would have a fit if I tried to patch them, and she would not be as grateful as your son. He is a wonderful grandson to wear them so proudly.

I agree, you should send this story to some publications. Thanks for sharing.

Archived