Elmer's surgery

We will be leaving tomorrow for Indianapolis. Elmer is scheduled for his surgery Friday at 7:30. The surgeon said it could take up to 16 hours. She intends to remove a kidney, part of the liver, lymph glands, adrenal gland with mass and try and remove the tumor in the inferior vena cava. It has been a tough road to get to this point.

I will be updating the caringbridge sight during the day Friday. I read where this forum would be down for awhile.

I am scared my friends, please pray for us.

Cheri, I will be saying prayers to our Lord Jesus Christ for strength of body, mind and soul for you both as Elmer goes through this long and grueling surgery. It has been a long, difficult path to get to this point, and I believe you both have the strength to triumph this as well. God bless you both, and we'll all be thinking of you two. (((HUGS)))

You've made it this far for a reason. God is watching over you both. He'll continue to take care of you. You've got a long, long day ahead of you. Remember to eat, drink and keep your family close to you. Take some hand sewing to keep your hands and mind busy. It's going to be ok. I read somewhere that if God brings you to it...He will get you through it. I believe that with all my heart. I'll be saying prayers for you and your family. Keep us posted.

Dear Cheri,

God has been so very close to you, Elmer and your family this past year. We know an amazing God! He will be holding you in His arms on Friday while He's guiding the surgeon's hands. I'll be praying for you and Elmer to feel His continued closeness, comfort and healing during the surgery and the days to flow. Just know that you are never alone. The Lord Jesus will never leave you and we are here for you too, even though you have never met many of us.

Love,

Archived