The Hampton's by Moda

This quilt was quite a challenge to come up with a quilting plan, but once I figured it all out, I am thrilled with how it turned out. I don\'t want to "let it go back to it\'s owner" :P

I used Renae\'s arcs (23") for the CC. The feather shell is from Karens book "secrets of elemental quilting".

The quilt is supposed to have a red anchor appliqued over the compasses in the center. I\'m glad I didn\'t have to deal with that to work around.

Patty

post--13461899428591_thumb.jpg

Patty, this is simply stunning. It needs to go to a show.

You said that you used Renae\'s arcs (23") for the CC. Are you referring to the compass motif in the inner and outer corners. I have had her rays for years and never used them. Marking is only half of it, then you have to follow the lines. ;) Not always easy. Yours, however, look precise and really set off the shells. Lines with curves, I just love that combo.

Thank you all so much for the awesome comments! I don\'t know about a show! You didn\'t see any really close-up shots :P

Linda, the CC I referred to was in the pieced points of the compasses. You know the curved lines from point to point rather than SID. I don\'t have the renaes rays, just the ruler arcs. I made the compasses in the corners with my circle maker and yes it is very precise that way. ;)

Patty

Archived