Quilt just finished.

I was hoping to be able to take this quilt for show and tell at the Moxie group yesterday, but as I was clipping the thread tails, I realized that I have forgotten some spots, so I finished it this morning. The tip on the carboard tubes was great. It was on, stitched, and off the machine within 5 min. The whole day was worth that one little tip. OK here is the quilt.

2401597000094956607S500x500Q85.jpg

A little closer to the center......

2848780950094956607S500x500Q85.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Yeah, what's with the tubes? Inquiring minds want to know:P:P

I love the cross-hatch in the basket. I have yet to try that, but probably will one day soon. Did you have do each line individually, or stitch down to each one? Did that make any sense????

The quilt is so pretty. Your outlining in the applique really makes it pop!

PattyJo, great quilt...is it your own? Love the colors and it would fit very well on my livingroom wall.....;)

And I too must have missed the tube thing, so am assuming its something you guys talked about at the Moxie Meeting....so now that you have us all on tippy toes...SHARE.....:P:cool:;)

Patty, This is great quilting on this! Did you use the tubes from batting rolls to clamp it back on temporarily, or did you use something else? I love that you quilted in the applique, that just adds so much deminsion and really sparks it up. Your new picture is so pretty! You look good, girl!

Originally posted by kennan100

Did you use the tubes from batting rolls to clamp it back on temporarily, or did you use something else?

Kennan...you are so smart...I bet you have figured it out. I tried this once and didn't like it...must have had a tube that didn't like quilting...it just kept stretching and soon wouldn't hold anything.....so gave up.

Kenna & Sheryl - You win the prize (((WAHOOOO)). You are exactly right. The tip is to take the carboard tube that batting is rolled on and cut it in 18" or so lengths. With a sarated (sp) knife, cut out about an inch strip lengthwise out of it and it will slip over the roller and clamp your fabric in place for a quick fix. After I cut my tubes the cardboard started to separate so I used masking tape to help keep the cut long edges together. You don't want to cut too wide of a strip out because it will relax too quickly. These aren't a substitute for actually loading your quilt onto your leaders, because I think the more you use them, the more they will stretch out. You also wouldn't want to use a tube that is as light weight as like the center of a roll of paper towels. But it is great for a quick fix like I needed it for.

Thank you all for your kind comments about the new Avatar. I was trying to find some pictures of something else and this one was in the computer and I had totally forgotten about it.

The quilt is a customers quilt. The is the customer who brought the Fairfield batting. (UGGGG) I too would love to have this quilt hanging on my living room wall. This is all needle turn applique and her husband make the vine for her! She has some health problems and he helps her by doing some of it for her and it helps her to keep busy quilting. Isn't that sweet! I have 5 more of her quilts to do and 2 of them she wants metalic thread used on them. I'm just taking them one at a time. Also this is the first time that I have cross hatched anything. Lots of starts and stops but I like the way that it came out.

Thanks again for all of your kind words.

Wonderful job Patty Jo!! What a sweet hubby - to actually do some of the quilting to keep your customer quilting!! I can just see my DH trying to hold a needle, let alone use it:D:D:D:D:D....LOL!!!!!

I have never tried the tubing - but have some clamps used for rolling a quilt - they are purple - and just the right size to fit over the rollers and hold the quilt in place. I use those and add a few pins through the quilt & the leader material on the roller - has worked great so far.

Archived