Beacon of Light

Remember the pin I quilted into a quilt last week? Well, it's out of there and the quilt is done!! It's happy dance time. :D:D

Several of you asked for a picture when it was done. The quilt is for a guild here in Des Moines and will be raffled at a quilt show later this year. Here's a pic of the entire quilt, minus the pin...

Debbi

post--13461901161768_thumb.jpg

WOW!! Debbi, as usual, you knocked this a grand slam home run. :cool: :) :cool: :) :cool: :) :cool: :)

The applique and the choice of colors in the quilt make me drool. You all in DesMoines are an awesome group of quilters! Great team effort.

Please write out what it says around the border... I can't read the last part

"Beacon of Light- May the beacon of light from your star light the path for ______"

Wow

that is one amazingly awesome quilting job. I love, love, love it. So glad you got that pin out too. Hope it wasnt too much work to get it out. It is beautiful. I want to make a hunters star one day too. even have the ruler and directions but just a number on that bucket list right now. The trapunto writing is awesome too.

Thank all.

The border says "May the beacon of light from your star light the path for many to follow". The border came to me with the trapunto already done. Thank goodness for that!!

The quilt was designed by Mabeth Oxenrider. When she picked it up yesterday she said that raffle tickets will be available later this year. The money from the raffle is used for teachers/classes that the guild offers each month.

For some reason, I can't upload to webshots anymore. I've been trying for several months and I can't get logged in. :o I'm ready to give up and try some other site. Anyway, here's a couple of close ups of the middle of the quilt and the light blue border.

Kenna - All of us are recovered from the accident now except Mom. Several weeks after the accident all of her dental work started coming out a falling apart. The doc said it was because she clenched her teeth on the impact. The dentist is going to have to redo all of it.

Debbi

post--13461901162588_thumb.jpg

Archived