what to do? (it's done now!)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SHANNON

I am glad you liked my name for our mc Tav... When you write your first book you are free to use the name DoodleBugging. Too funny, Just kidding about doing mine if I want to play with the big Girls I will have to get off the porch sometime. Hopefully that quilt you doodled on for me will get me out of my box. thanks so much. you Rock

hey beth!

hopefully this one will end up in there...*fingers crossed* i know of at least 6. for the ones done last year *shrug* i know i'll be well represented....i'm working on an idea that i'll get around to soon that i'm going to try to get into one of the international shows. that is if i ever get time to do it. can't kill me and eat me right...

I was just looking at you webshots--you are quite an accomplished quilter, Shannon! There are some awesome quilts and quilting in those pictures! I know where to go to get ideas now. Thanks for the link...and I love your dogs, so sweet!

dorothy- consider it a deal. i have a spare room, lots of warm quilts.....and a huge kitchen (or so i'm told) and a well stocked fridge....i can cook a little....mac and cheese, microwave popcorn, egg salad, you know the staples :) i want to make pot roast in a pressure cooker like my granny made. i miss her soup beans too.....now i'm getting hungry. darn. but i can cook (from scratch) a mean venison meat loaf. it's my fiance's favorite. but becareful- i might not let you leave :)

bonnie- the 'dogs' are my kiddos. working at home they keep me company and make the BEST doorbells (at least one i can hear over my machine) i've worked hard on training them and i swear some of my customers come to see them as much as me. They are a constant source of comic relief. esp. barney

post--13461901379597_thumb.jpg

starla- CC stands for continious curves (what is in the dark and medium green squares on the quilt) before i knew it as CC i called it pumpkin seed quilting.

bonnie- actually barneys the one laying down. lucky has his nose to the camera. the look he has is the "okay you doing that flashy thing again and i get a cookie for posing right?" barney's my baby dog (just turned 1 y.o. and lucky's my old man at 10 y.o.) They are both rescues. lucky came from the humane society and barney was a failed foster. Barney had ISSUES and i knew that whoever adopted him probably wouldn't understand how to deal with him so he looked at me with his big hazel/green eyes, and well i was a goner. how could i say no.

post--13461901379952_thumb.jpg

I had a dog a few years ago who got so old she didn't hear the door bell, or anything else for that matter. She was a good dog for us, but, they do get old. We decided to get a louder doorbell and do without critters for a while. I miss'em. You are lucky to have two beautiful babies like Barney and Lucky--from the humane society too.

bonnie- i'm sorry to hear about you fur kid. losing such a good friend is never easy. lucky has started the down slope health wise. he has started to get fatty cysts, one is rather large and the vet is tenitive on surgery becaue of his age. i keep telling him he doesn't have to be lumpy and bumpy like an old quilt for me to still love him. :) he's not listening. i'm scared that if we do surgery to remove the 'big' ones it'll cause the remaining ones to have a growth spurt and then he will definatley not be a surgery canidate then. but i know that there will be a day in the near future that i will have to take him to the vet and he won't be coming home, but although it makes me sad to think about it, i love him dearly and gave him the bestestest life and he unconditionally returned the favor. okay, i need a kleenex now....*grin*

Shannon, we'll do fine! I love the pups (who couldn't??) and as long as I'm as good as you (or at least somewhere close before I leave--yes, sorry, I'll have to come home--I'll miss my pups & ponies and, oh, almost forgot;) my DH too), its a deal!!

Barney sounds great. We always tease that Hank would have been a rescue dog had we not gotten him. He growls at us and chews on us, but then he cuddles up and snuggles. He's a very odd little dog.

How long have you been quilting...and when's the big day for you and your fiance??

Archived