what to do? (it's done now!)

i have this custom quilt to do (i don't think it really needs a full custom- it's so busy to begin with, but the customer wants it *shrug*)

i have an idea of what i'm gonna do, but i have no idea what to do in the medium green. I know what to do in all the blocks (to me that's the easy part) I'm CCing the darker green, and doing a filler in the white with white, then changing thread and filler-ing the light green....that medium green is throwing me off.

and if you notice the 1/4 sq units are turned alternating directions so that complicates matters....ARGH!

i'm going to piece the backing and check back after that...

THANKS

post--13461901328977_thumb.jpg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure what I would do either but the first thing that jumped into my pea brain was whatever you do to the light green do also to the medium green. The darker green with the CC's will seperate it enough so that it will look like two different sections. Whatever filler you use in the lighter green may work there also...so use a different filler.

Shannon - for me the fewer stops and starts, the less work and mess. So I would definitely try to do this in one stop/start. I like what you have but I would add some pumpkin seeds in the light green and white (that takes you back to the same place that you started the seeds).

And take a side trip in the the center of hour glass to make either a fern or feather fan out in the light green and white. That would also not require a stop/start since it would take you back to the center of the hour glass.

post--13461901329736_thumb.jpg

Shannon, your work always turns out amazing. I wouldn't second guess myself at all if I were you. I am sure as you start quilting this, something will pop into your mind for those med green areas. Let your creative juices flow on this one. You have been given great suggestions here. Go For It Girl! It will be even more beautiful when you are done working your magic. ;)

Wow, Shannon....your quilting is incredible. Can I come live with you for a month or two while you teach me??? Please??? I promise I won't drool on any quilts while you're working on them!!:P:P

Seriously, you did a terrific job on this quilt; your customer should be thrilled. Do you use a ruler for your cc's? They're perfect!!!!

garsh- thanks . i hope the customer likes it...

dorothy- you're welcome to come visit. i don't cook or clean tho. :) i didn't/don't use a ruler for my CC. takes to long to keep moving the ruler. i have QADD (quilt attention disorder) and get bored with anything that takes to long. :) i just count like in dancing- one two three four etc. helps me to maintain a rhythm.

jeanne- doodlebuggin, that's cute. it's my version of mctav. echoing is the key. i do it as an E2E also only bigger. and i'd be happy to do try it on your quilt. :)

Bonnie- youre funny!

OK on to the next one.....i love the freedom of freemotion! dont you all????

Archived