Latest personal project

I've finally got to quilt one of my projects, it's been getting scary. I know I can fill a gallery with my older work but I want new stuff :)

Anyway, I've got it off the frame and onto my blog. Sorry I don't feel up to resizing again right now I need dinner, bath and bed. It's 11pm here and I am teaching tomorrow.

I did want to be able to share with you guys though and the link is in my signature.

Oh yes the whole of the background is feathers honest :) Black on black is hard to photograph.

Ferret

What a talented lady you are....the joker looks like he could jump off and start prancing around the court room and do whatever jokers do....

Someday I plan to jump the pond and come see your quilts in person....:P

Hi Ferret:

I like your latest endeavor and I really enjoyed reading a couple of the posts on your blog...especially the one about being an art quilter vs traditional. Keep up the imaginative work and thanks for sharing. Nancy in Tucson

It looks fantabulous! Can't wait until FOQ to see it in person!! Glad you are somehow managing to fit customer quilts and show qulits in together.

It is a catch 22 - you need to work on quilts to pay bills, get known, try out new things, practice etc. but then have less time to work on projects that are just fun/challlenging/for yourself - sigh...;)

In case the rest of you didn't know, "Joker" is Ferret's new dragster (I think that is what you call a fast capri?!) So this is like the mascot, I guess.:cool:

Ferret, so glad you are aching and creaking from longarming too (although it is a pain and I'm sorry about that) - I was worried that I was getting old and had to start taking infusions of cider vinegar and stop drinking gin & coffee... no wait, that is what I'm going to have intravenously when I'm a geriatric:P

just love it. even if I could design it I could never make it come alive like yoy have. somethings short circuits between my brain and my output . I think my mother board needs replace, wonder who can help with that. LOL

Really sensational, You Rock

Thanks guys.

The Joker was marked on wash away stabiliser to give me some lines to follow. As the lines would be on white fabric I used a washout pen to mark them as well. If it had just been on black I would have used a sharpie.

Joker is actually my stand in dragster :) She is also my daily drive and business truck. Still runs a 16 second 1/4 mile though :) There is a chance she will get another outing in a couple of weeks as the real race car (Trogdor) still hasn't had his engine transplant completed.

Ferret

Archived