Triumphant Feather Attempt!

I've been a lurker for a long time, but when I finished this quilt I decided to post a picture since all your suggestions and photos have given me the courage to try feathers. Georgene has given me the most personal encouragement! Thanks, Georgene!

This is a customer quilt. The fans are made with the Stack & Whack method. I used the Best Stitch in the Ditch Ruler EVER to outline the fans and the blocks. I marked the spines of the feathers with the water soluble marker, then took it off with a q-tip dipped in water. The quilt is 47" x 63."

post--13461902045997_thumb.jpg

Originally posted by Circle Square

I used the Best Stitch in the Ditch Ruler EVER to outline the fans and the blocks.

what is the name of this ruler? or is that it..."The Best Stitch in the Ditch"? and where can it be ordered from?

beautiful quilting! congratulations on your feathers, they are lovely!

Ann, beautiful quilting. Love those feathers. I'm so glad you posted the photo.

Georgene - bless your heart for being an inspiration to Ann.

I do believe that those of us who have gotten past the big bumps in the road need to nurture and

encourage new quilters. This forum is a great place for that kind of sharing.

Ann your feathers are just beautiful and like said already add so much class to this quilt. I like this quilt a lot!! Thank you so much for coming out of lurkdom and posting this picture. are they bump bump feathers?

Linzi I am also alergic to feathers, they are not allowed in my shop although they keep trying to creep their way in. one of these days I suppose I will have to give up and let them stay.

Ann

You have done a terrific job on this quilt. It absolutely shines.

Karen and others:

I too am allergic to feathers although they too try to drop in. I think that my problem is that I am right handed--my story and I am sticking to it too.

Pamela

Ann,

The quilt/quilting look great. I made that quilt several years ago using Asian fabrics for my fans and a solid black for the background; Asian fabric for the border, It was really beautiful and I gave it to my nephew and his wife for a house warming gift. When I went to visit a few weeks after, it was on the end of the sofa with a great big hairy dog curled up on it. :o

Archived