Our Bonnie B--now with pics

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We spent Sunday together (Bonnie, Gene, and Mom Carol) cleaning and sorting at Jess's place. It was wonderful to meet Bonnie after the years of phone calls and emails. Her hubby is warm and funny, her MIL is holding up well and very no-nonsense and clear-headed. I tell Bonnie we must have been separated at birth! It is great to find a long-distance friend who is even better in person!

Here is a pic of Bonnie and Gene as we said goodbye. After 6 hours of hard toil and a stressful situation in 80 degree heat, the laughter could still flow.

post--13461902112567_thumb.jpg

I'm only jumping on here for a short short minute....Linda Rech, when God sent you to me he forgot to sent along your resume.....since then I have come to realize you are not only a GOD SENT, but an ANGEL. There aren't enough words in the dictionary to discribe your generous heart and your sole.

Linda came in tow with a lunch and smiles, rolled up her sleeves and pitched in as if she had just come home...which is good, because I have always thought of her as family. She hauled out of here food for the food bank, clothes for good will, and whatever else she packed out of here that would have cost us one more day... Lady you actually helped enough that today...the day of the service we can concentrate on attorney matters and the service.

Here is Jess's Obit and photo

Bryon "Jess" Botts

Age 56, a resident of Kirkland, Washington passed on June 27, 2009 at Evergreen Hospital due to pancreatic cancer.

Born July 26, 1952 in Miles City, Montana to Carrol and Bryon Botts, he attended elementary and high school at Grass Range, Montana graduating in 1970. Jess then served in the Navy where he was stationed in Holy Loch, Scotland assigned to the USS Conopus as a mechanists mate. After completing his military service in March of 1975, he was employed for the next 7 years at Roscoe Steel in Billings, Montana as a welder. In early 1982, Jess bought his first computer, an Atari 800, to keep his mind busy while recuperating from a broken ankle. Working with computers quickly became a passion and in September of 1982 he started college full time at Montana State University in Bozeman, Montana. He graduated from MSU in 1987 with a Bachelors Degree in Computer Science that was awarded through the College of Engineering. He had worked for a small startup company named Infinity Research part-time during college and joined them full time after graduating. Infinity Research was bought out by Bydatel and moved Jess to Buffalo, New York in 1988. Bidetel became Electric Information in 1990 and then became Comptex Communication in 1991. Jess moved on to more challenging projects at an IBM Corporation research division in Kirkland, Washington starting in 1993 where he remained employed for the next 16 years until his death. He stayed in the same work group throughout those years and came to feel of his team as an extended family.

Jess enjoyed many hobbies and excelled in them all. His enjoyment of snow skiing, scuba diving, fly fishing and wild game hunting were enjoyed throughout the 80's and 90's. After moving to Washington he became interested in action pistol shooting and took numerous IPSC (International Pistol Shooting Competition) awards throughout the years.

Jess will be remembered for his great sense of humor, patience with others, focus on detail, and dedication to work and sports.

Jess is survived by his mother Carrol of Billings, Montana; two brothers, Gene "J" (Bonnie) of Elizaville, NY, Tom (Joanne) of Fayetteville, AR, two nieces Kelli, Billings, Montana, Amy Dickey (Justin), Carson City, NV, Two nephews, Robert Cox, Billings, Montana, Joe Cox, Tulsa, OK and Seven Great-Grand Nieces and Four Great-Grand Nephews.

Jess is preceded in death by his father Byron and older brother John Cox.

Memorial services was held at Beck’s Funeral Home, 405 5th Ave. South, Edmonds, WA, on July 6th, 2009. He will be buried at sea from the San Diego Naval Base.

In lieu of flowers the family is asking for memorials in his name for transportation of patients, to be made to the: Department of VA, Attn: Volunteer Services, 1660 S. Columbian Way, Seattle, WA 98108

Ladies...I and the family are having a hard time with this, and your prayers and well wishes are so gratifiying....

Love to you all.

post--13461902112974_thumb.jpg

Thanks for sharing the obituary and photo, Bonnie. I enjoy reading obits that are filled with lots of information about the person.

Although his life was cut short, I think this man, Jess, lived a very, very full life and followed his dreams and lived them! :) For that, I will be glad.

Bonnie,

Thank you for sharing Jess's story with us. My son's birthday is June 27th. (Happy birthday Charoltte.) I will remember you and your family each year on that date.

Linda Reich is surely an angel. I'm glad she was able to help you so much, at a time that you and your family really needed a good friend. Linda helped with the Australian fires by collecting quilt blocks and mailing them to our APQS friends in Australia for completion, she is always helping with quilting questions and working with hubby, Dennis, to make the perfect tools and sharing them with us. I'm sure there are many more wonderful stories we could tell about Linda. Bonnie, thanks for telling us about her good deeds.

Take care, Bonnie, and have a safe trip home.

Bonnie...I am just jumping in to say how precious and genuinely happy you and Gene look. Love the laughter and the little bunny ears he was putting over your head. You have a great guy there and he a wonderful woman. You are loved all over the US and beyond. Hugs your way. God Speed in your travels.

Bonnie, May God comfort and send you peace during this time. You and Gene truly love each other for it jumps out of the photos. It is great that we each have a personal angel as the one you found in Linda. Sometimes we do not know where the angels come from but there is always one near us watching.

Linda, I agree with all of the above comments on your halo status. God has given you many talents and one of them is to see a need and fill it when most of us look and don't see it. Bless you for that.

Bonnie & Gene. Your love truely does shine in the pictures of you together. I know that this time is a hard one and that many prayers are being spoken to the One who hears them all. May He bless you with his peace and clear mind thru all the decisions that have to be made. And thanks for posting the obit and picture. He was a very good looking guy and from the info, he lived life to the fullest. Blessing on you and your family. :)

Bonnie,

I know what a difficult time this is for you all. I can honestly say I have been there. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. We have been blessed by wonderful friends here on this site who are here for us at the drop of a hat.

Linda Rech, bless your heart!! You are the best!

Archived