Introduction

Got the phone call at work today . . . a Milli with my name on it will be at the border @ 7:00 AM tomorrow. That could be 4 or 12 hours away, depending on the border crossing. Can't decide if it's that Christmas morning, or I just broke something of my Mother's, feeling. Both carry their own brand of anticipation. I've been sewing since I was a kid (eons ago) and quilting for about 8 years (hand, DSM); lurking here while I saved for my toy. I'm married, Construction Project Manager by day, quilter, gardener, cook, golfer, cleaning lady, and finder of things, the rest of the time. Thanking you in advance for all of the help that I will surely need.

Gail

Congratulations on your new Mille on the way over the border. Hope it makes customs okay! with all those other hats I hope you can make lots of time to play with your new best friend. Welcome to the forum, ask away any questions you think of there is always someone available to help.

Gail,

I am sure you will love your new friend and PPP! Don't be too hard on yourself right away and ask questions! Soon it will be like riding a bike and you will be enjoying most minutes you spend quilting. Hope to see some pics here on the forum and welcome, welcome, welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome Gail, I still remember vividly how excited I was when they called and said they would be delivering my millie, I could hardly concentrate at work all day! It is very easy to set up with the great instructions they send...you will be PPP before you know it!

Have fun!

Vicki

Gail,

Welcome to the land of LA. You have come to the best place for ideas, problem solving, and friendship. We love pictures but don't let the really high achievers intimidate you. We all have been newbies and some (me) haven't progressed much further.

Pamela

Hello & Welcome Gail-

I recently received my new Milliennium and know exactly what your feeling!! The ladies are so right when the say practice, practice, practice!! It really does make all the difference. You will find so much information here and support as well. I just did my first "real" quilt and it was so much fun!

Glad to have you! :D

Congratulations. I know when they called me two years ago and said that the machine would be coming the next day and if tractor trailer trucks were allowed down my road ( which they are not) I did what I had to do and lied and said it would be fine. I couldn't wait to put it together. Get your fabric ready so you can practice. Watch the dvd and follow the manual because it is fantastic. Follow each step and you will have the machine together in no time. Good luck.

Charlotte

Archived