1930's block swap quilt finished

Hi everyone

I have just finished my 1930's quilt and I am thrilled with it.

2615900130104476957S425x425Q85.jpg

Close up of some of the blocks, this was the first time I had tried to freehand feathers (don't look too close):P

2746417030104476957S425x425Q85.jpg

2819478090104476957S425x425Q85.jpg

2929546090104476957S425x425Q85.jpg

Last one I promise

2579178380104476957UKMGxQ_th.jpg

This swap has been the bestest fun ever. Thank you Teresa for all your organisational skills and a very big thank you to everyone who sent me the most amazing blocks. I love each and every one of them.

Doing my happy little dance down under :cool:;)

Karen

What a pretty quilt. Such pretty soft and delicate looking colors. I love the sashing that you brought it all together with. You did a great job on the quilting as well. I know you will treasure it forever. I can't wait, only a few more weeks for our fall colors block swap. This one too teresa has done a great job on and we should be getting all our blocks in a few weeks. Did you do this block swap as well?

It looks wonderful Karen. I spent most of today quilting on mine. I decided to McTavish the backgrounds and it's taking a long time. I would love to see what you did in the rest of the blocks since I have a lot of the same ones and I'm still not sure what to do in all of them.

Hi Holly

Lets see my camera is playing up, keeps turning itself off. so in the log cabin there are circles, drunkards path has feathers that look like the bird was scared at the time, dresden plate has a curly question mark in the plate and I echoed around it. I spent a lot of time doodling with the different shapes in the blocks and trying to come up with designs that would fit. Lots of straight lines when I was stumped for ideas, heart doodles. It was just so much fun.

Hi Marley

Where in Aus are you, I am in Far North Queensland.

If you wish to participate in these swaps, you just have to keep reading the posts and Teresa (Chickenscratch) will come up with another great idea. We are doing another swap at the moment, Autumn or fall colours and you have to have your blocks finished, pictures posted and blocks posted to Teresa by August 1st.

Karen

Wow, it is so pretty!! You did a great job. I really like the pattern and the quilting :) ...

Oh It makes me excited to put mine together, if I could only find the time.. I had to miss the Autumn swap which makes me sad because this is all so much fun!

Thanks for posting the picture!

Oh Karen, she's beautiful! you've done a fab job :) I've yet to tackle mine.....I'm desperately trying to finish my Autumn blocks, only 3 more to go. Hope to have them completed and posted by the end of the week.

Cheers Satu :cool: who's swingin' 30s quilt setting may look a little like yours :cool:

Archived