NQR--Friends of Bonnie B--"round two"

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You all will NEVER know how much these words will help in the next few months....

Carrol is having a tube up in on Tuesday for them to drain the lung each week, but she has decided that she doesn't want any prevention meds. In some ways I can understand, at her age, these harsh drugs are actually more pain than if you just left thing ride the course, but on the other hand its not going to be easy to just set and wait. She really isn't one who excepts emotion, and will not even be in a room where someone get teary...so those will be hidden and put away till its over. She is a tough old bird, but don't let looks fool you...;),

I feel for Gene....when my own mother died, it was a massive heart attack and it was over in just a few short hours, where this could take weeks or months. Personally I'm hoping for a year, but I have been known not to get what I want.:mad:

Again thank you ALL...this will be re-read many times over the next months, it will be a crutch and I am so bless with each an everyone of you.

Bonnie, Good to hear from you....I will certainly be praying for your strength and endurance through all of this! It has been a hard time for you and your hubby! Know that you are loved and thought of by all of us here .....YOu have been such an encourager, now it's time for us to encourage you! love you, linda

Dear Bonnie,

I want to add my hugs and love coming your way. I can't imagine what the three of you have just gone through... yes, she does look like a tough, feisty Lady and I admire her for making a tough decision by herself. I know it could be a long time that you and Gene and the rest of the family have to see her suffer, and like the others on this chat, I hope that you all have the chance to take this time to cement all the happy times and memories during the last of her Autumn days.

I wish we were closer because I would love to be able to give a big hug myself, rather than having to send one through the ether!! I wish I could be there in person to help you bear this burden. For now, all I can do is:

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((H-U-G-S)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

My thoughts are with you always,

Love

Oh Bonnie and Gene, just jumped on and saw this post. I am soooo sorry there just aren't any words to let you know how my heart breaks for all of you. But our God will carry you through and give you the peace and comfort and strength to walk this valley and I know that it will be sprinkled with rays of sonshine. Let Carrol know please that she has many of us sending prayers her way. Sending you ((((((((hugs)))))))) and lift up prayers.

Bonnie, I know you do not really know me ...I have been through this also. I wish I could hold you tight ...just so you would know you are not alone and you are loved. I will send prayers for you, your hubby and Carrol.

Starla

My Mama passed three years ago..it was very tuff..she had a difficult time..we kept telling her to go HOME...When we came home from hospice...when she was gone....My telephone answering machine was blinking..I pushed the button...my Mama was saying I just wanted to let you know... I'm HOME!!

WOW.....I'm not sure I could deal with that one.....my hat is off to you!!!! I'm not going to try to pull the wool over anyones eyes here...I will be a mess and I have to stay strong for Gene...at least here I can cry and laugh and let off some steam. For that I thank you all for your understanding and to all of you for letting me be me....:P

Bonnie,

Prayers for you and Gene and Carrol. It's so hard to get such news but cherish the time you may ahve, it will be extra special.

My DH and I leave for MT on Monday..driving from OH on I-90 all the way through to Flathead Lake. Where does your DMinL live? I'd be happy to visit her if I can. I know Patty Weightman is in MT too. Bozeman, I think.

(((((((((hugs))))))))) and prayers

Bonnie,

Prayers and hugs to you, Gene, & Carrol. From you description, she reminds me of my Granny - another tuff bird who I loved dearly. She also did not want to be around teary people & always looked on the positive side - she was also a bit bossy - in the end, she decided when to die. She flatly did not want to have any extra medical care & she wanted to go see Frank (her DH). With that she said her good-byes and within a few days went to sleep. Her last words to me were not to worry - "that she and Frank would take care of Kelley". Our daughter, Kelley, had died 2 years prior and is presently inturned with them. Actually, Carol's picture reminds me of my Granny. The tougher they are, the sweeter they are!!!! She looks like a wonderful woman & I hope you and Gene can enjoy whatever time you have left. Every minute is a treasure!

Archived