NQR--Friends of Bonnie B--"round two"

It is with great sadness that Bonnie has asked me to again ask for prayers for a member of her family.

Gene's mother, Carrol, has been diagnosed with lung cancer. She is 85 and has decided to forego chemo and radiation. She is strong-minded and clear-headed and does not want to prolong the inevitable.

They will have the final prognosis in a few days, but they do not expect any good news.

As you all know, Gene lost his brother last month and they have spent weeks settling the estate and getting Carrol back home to Montana. Bonnie called me tonight--they are finally home but received a message from Carrol on their answering machine.

So, prayers first of all for Carrol for a pain-free next few months.

Strength for Gene to face losing his dear mom.

Stamina for Bonnie to take on "round two"--her words. She is about wiped out--please send your love to her.

Here is a photo I took of Carrol--isn't that a great picture of a strong woman?

post--13461902302948_thumb.jpg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She's 85 and isn't she a lovely lady. :) This sure is a rough time. I really don't know what to say. Take little steps. Look at the horizon when you can, not the immediate moment. Focus on happy and good in life and love and strength of family bonds. In spite of the terrible news, make this a positive experience, cherish those 85 years spent what you have now, not what is lost. I always keep you close in thoughts.

Bonnie, we lost my 83 yr old mother-in-law this January with the same diagnosis. It was her decision to let things take its course when she got her diagnosis in the fall. For every minute we had with her and the time I could hold her hands and pray with her - what a blessing. Carroll looks like a wonderful witty woman. She will cross over when her time comes and I hope you and Gene find peace and comfort during another family member's journey.

Bonnie - I'm so sorry to hear about your new trials. Like others, I don't really know what to say except that I will be praying. My mother died 13 years ago from lung cancer and she also decided not to go thru chemo. I remember the many good memories that we were able to have going thru family photo's and getting the stories of all my crazy realitives. We had good laughs and also some tears, but it was so good to establish those memories. I hope that you also will have those good memories to think back on in the months to come. Your dear MIL looks like a lady who has a zest for life and I will be praying. (((((((HUGS)))))))

Carroll looks like a beautiful person and warm and loving person... Celebrate her now, while you still can!

Bonnie, I can't believe the trials you've been thru... like Shana says, keep happy, positive thoughts in your heart. We all have our arms around you and Gene and Sienna.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Archived