YAY! 30's friendship top is ready for quilting!!!

After looking at all the great settings, I still decided I wanted to have a "30's Yellow" sashing... I added the friendship stars instead of regular cornerstones, and then I wanted a scalloped border. The yellow looks really bright in the picture, but it's more of a "buttery" color..... The muslin extends out so the entire border (with the yellow scallops) is 11.5"... Lots of fun to quilt! Any suggestions? Should be 83.5x83.5....

By the way, after giving you the measurements I forgot to tell you - always measure each side, that means ALL FOUR SIDES of the quilt! Ask me how I know! AND don't just measure twice, three times would really have saved a LOT of time and trouble!!!!!!

So, Here's my 30's friendship quilt! It's being loaded tomorrow!

post--13461902309888_thumb.jpg

The friendship stars came from the "triangulations disc"... Rita gave me one... anyway, I had a bawl making them! The 1/2 sq triangles are really easy to do with this program!

We had done the friendship stars for the Bush fire victims, and I like it cause it's easy...

Thanks for all your kind comments, I'm "breaking" for lunch, have the top part almost done and will be on to the blocks after lunch... Hope you enjoyed my fried tomatoes and eggs! Yummy!

I want to get at least 1/2 done today... (I always have to sit and prop up the old swollen feet!)

Later......

Archived