Edgeriders - WOW!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heidi is so right about the ER's and Patty Butcher. I ordered mine from Patty and she was a great help and service couldn't have been better. APQS support was great, but after months of struggling with my black wheels and countless adjustments along with changing the wheels and axles a couple of times--I finally gave in and ordered the ER's. An amazing difference. So smooth and no more square curves or tight spots. My machine just glides now. Ruler work is so much easier, too. There is no comparison between the ER's and the black wheels, IMO.

Love my ER's. I did have to raise my take up roller bar though because my base hit it. I think I may need to raise the front roller a tad too, because I am losing a few inches of quilting space. Otherwise, Things are going Great! The combo of the ERs and a table tune up were just what I needed to get me going.

Well, I'm about three weeks away from my studio being completed and my Milli is sitting in her boxes in our living room. (It's killing me!!!) Anyway, after reading this thread, I'm wondering if I should order ER before I even put my beauty together? I too am very, very nervous about getting it right when we put it together.

What do you gals think???

Linda,

I would say if you have the $'s to spend I would do it. I wish I had them from the beginning. I think the learning curve would have been less. With that being said I got 2 years use out of my black wheels and I can't say I couldn't quilt with them. I did fine. It is just much smoother with them. You have to decide if you want to spend the $'s. I am still surprised at the difference.

Well, I'm thinking I've already spent a load of $$$$, maybe I should just go ahead and spend a bit more and get the wheels.

I did ask Amy about them at the maintenance class while I was in Carroll in July, but like others have said before me here, APQS hasn't tested the wheels in some time and they have changed.

By others' comments, I'd be better off changing them before we put Milli on her table. I wonder how long they will be out of stock??

This is the email I received this morning from Kings Men:

"We are currently out of Edgerider wheels with new style channel locks.

The Manufacturer was out of the country for awhile, we have not had any word that he is back.

We will hold your order and send the wheels when they come in unless we hear from you other wise."

Hopefully, someone will know how long it will be! ;)

Good to hear you love these wheels, Heidi and others. I look forward to seeing an update 6 months from now. Especially after a long vacation away from your machine. Still wondering about the flattening after sitting a while.

Do we know if APQS is testing them again? Dawn, are you out there???

Love my Liberty as it is.....but then I can be tempted!!

Lisa

Ok, just one more validation. I've had mine on over 2 years and never had an issue. Maybe that's why I didn't need my micro drive. They always got in my way and I couldn't see where they were helpful at all. Maybe because of the ER it was so smooth and easy I didn't notice the difference.

Geez, now I'm wanting them. Its amazing how easily I'm persuaded! But, who knows, maybe I'll get the wheels and then sell my micro handles because I won't need them anymore...???

Now is the best time to order, too. I won't be in my yurt until mid to late September, so I have plenty of time to wait. Oh well, its only money, right...and you can't take it with you!

Archived