FOQ ribbon!!!

Hi all,

I got a most exciting phone call on Wednesday evening telling me that my quilt Josefine's Star has won the Rest of Europe award in the Quilters' Guilds Challenge at the Festival of Quilts in Birmingham, UK!!! This is one of three prizes awarded in this category with only entries from UK guild members qualify for the other two - at least that's how I understand the explanations in the competition rules...

I'm sooo excited!!

As this has come as a total surprise for me, I never even looked into attending the show this year - and thus, I don't have any other information so far.... Now I really wish I was there!

If any of you attending FOQ and taking pictures came across my quilt, would you take a few pictures for me - pretty please? That would be just great. (And I have Chocolatte in this show as well, in the Contemporary category...)

Enjoy the show - I'm sure you are having tons of fun there!

Birgit

Congratulations, Birgit! :)

PS I have your little quilt that I won at the MQS auction hanging in my office at work. I tell everyone it's made by my friend in Germany and this was the prototype to her award winning quilt. It sure brings lots of color and brightness to my office! :) I look at it all the time.

... so much, everybody!

I won't hear from my friend picking up my paperwork before Monday evening - and I won't get her pictures before either.

So, for those of you interested in pics of my quilts, you may want to check out my webshots albums (see address in my siggie). Josefine's Star is the yellow-to-turquoise lone star quilt in the Show Entries 2008 folder. Chocolatte is the brown and creme quilt with the holes in the Show Quilts 2007 album.

I just finished uploading some pictures of more recent customer quilts as well as my show entries 2009 - just in case you don't have anything better to do on a gorgeous day like today...

Thanks for looking,

Birgit

Archived