I have joined the excitment craze....

Just want to share my excitement in getting my new (2006) Millie set up a week ago. I bought it back in May and it has been sitting in boxes in my basement since while we were finishing our sunroom. Well, the sunroom is nearly finished (some heat would be nice) and yes the unit is on order. My DH suggested we go ahead and set it up so I could have much practice time before I go take Dawn's beginners classes in November. I have been playing with it every day. Still can't tell what my shapes are supposed to be whether using the pantos or freehanding it. But I am having fun and laughing at myself!

Suzie W.

Suzie, contratulations on getting your Millie set up, and the new sunroom, too! I've had my Millie since February and consider myself a newbie, but each time I use the machine the quilting gets a little bit easier and a little bit better. I'll be in Dawn's classes on November 9 and 10, so if that's when you will be there we'll have the opportunity to meet.

Suzie,

Looking forward to meeting you next month! Bring lots of questions, and if you're a Coke drinker, stop for a bottle...I'm afraid we only have Pepsi products in the fridge:)

Kerstin,

I would love to travel to Europe again to teach. I was lucky enough to teach at Claudia's in Germany last January...if you can't get to the US, maybe we can get back to see you! In the meantime, always feel free to ask questions. You can even call, but remember you're about 6 hours ahead of me:)

Emails work great, too!

Have fun quilting!

Welcome to the best Forum on earth!! Congrats on getting your baby set up!!

Keep playing; my feathers were square in the beginning and that was only the end of February this year! They still get a little wobbly on me, but lots of practicing; even on paper, makes a huge difference.:P

We are glad to have you here and good luck!:P:P

Welcome Suzie! I'm not the new kid on the block anymore:P I got my Millie set up in July. I did a few practice pieces and took the classes from Dawn in September. Now I'm on quilt #4 and loving every second of it! My best practice piece to improve my control over the machine was a preprinted wholecloth. I see it's available at Keepsake Quilting now, try this link http://www.keepsakequilting.com/productdetail/9309/---DREAM-LINE-FABRIC.htm. It's made by Benartex, 106" wide. I only bought one yard, so I "practiced" without thread a lot before stitching it. I wished after that I'd bought more than one yard. Even so I saw a huge improvement in the quality of my curves. Happy learning! Dawn's classes are terrific!!

Archived