Quilt show and I won! - now with pictures

Oh it was an exciting day! I went to work our local quilt show today starting at 8:30 am :-(((( no sleeping in for me. My day was so wonderful though! When I got there I went back to the volunteer lounge and was getting my instructions for the day. Our guild president came in and congratulated me. I said, "do I have something to be congratulated for?" She smiled and said, "oh you haven't seen? You should go see and you're quilt is right up front." I of course was now very interested in starting my day. I went in to find that my daughters quilt had won 1st place large quilts, Best Machine quilting & Best of Show!!!!!! I am so excited!!!!! Never did I imagine that that would happen! Then my baby quilt, Precious Little Ones won 1st Med. Wholecloth & Best Workmanship! !!! Later in the day I got 2 vendor awards! Then as if it couldn't get any better my Rose Parfait won a 1st place for mixed medium! Oh what a great

day! It was more fun listening to all the comments being made. I understand that I'm in the running for viewers choice too...not holding my breath though. The funniest story I heard was from another white glover who told me there was a lady just fretting about who to pick for viewers choice. She asked her which quilts she was considering and the lady told her the baby quilt & the star quilt. The lady laughed and said well the quilt maker won't mind because they are the same person! LOL that was great! Sorry to go on and on I just had to share with my quilting friends!

Try again

1st place large pieced, Best of Show and Best Machine quilting

2893584740104527059S425x425Q85.jpg

1st place Wholecloth & Best Workmanship

2357212930104527059S425x425Q85.jpg

1st place Mixed Techniques

2889461110104527059S425x425Q85.jpg

Customer Quilts

Jan's 2nd place pieced

2815905630104527059S425x425Q85.jpg

1st place medium applique - Carol's quilt

2663037800104527059S425x425Q85.jpg

Honorable Mention - Mary's quilt

2375725580104527059S425x425Q85.jpg

Joann Hendrick's Bougoyne Surrounded which is even more beautiful in person! 1st place

2878538450104527059S425x425Q85.jpg

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heidi

I am so excited for you!!! Way to Go!! That is just so exciting to win all those awards and Best of Show is the absolute Bomb of them all for sure. You certainly deserve it. You worked so very hard on your daugthers quilt, poor thing may never get it now!!! Congratulations!! A very big day for you. Hope you can sleep tonight after all that excitement!!

Wow, Heidi!

I know just how you felt! I didn't know last month about my 2 ribbons. Well, maybe I really don't know, my best of show is till waiting for me somewhere.

I'm so happy for you and waiting you see the pictures. I think you did put your daughter's quilt on the forum. Your work is beautiful. () () () () () () () () clapping for you and you may bow when ready! Oh here comes the confitti!!! I thnk that's about how it is spelled!!!* * * ** ** * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * ** ** * * ** *** * * * * * ** * * * ** ** ** * *** * ** * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * ** *** ** ** * * * * * * * * ** * * ** * * * ** * * * ** * * * * ** * * ** * * ** ** * * * * *** * * ** * * * ** * * * ** * * * ** * Unable to make it float down! Smile and enjoy.

Now I remeber your daughter's quilt. Thanks for the pictures. All are amazing quilts!!!! Hope you are still daning!!!

Archived