This is completely out of my box!!!

So, Rita and I took a class about 6 weeks ago (longer?) and I just took this off the machine... I want to take it to our Zanesville meeting for show and tell, but thought you all would like to see it first!

You know I'm all about pastels, pink, sage, ivory, pale blue, yellow, etc!

This is nothing like you've ever seen me do!

It pieced ok, the border was a bit mind boggling, but I worked it thru. The problem is that there are so many intersections it was not an easy piece to quilt.

I stipple/meandered the center blocks and attempted "rolling" feathers in the border. Not my best work, but now that it's off the machine, not as bad as I originally thought...

Here ya go!

post--13461902852297_thumb.jpg

You only get one close up...

I'm too embarrassed to show too many... my feathers are all wonky cause I was attempting to miss the intersections.

OH, here's a good tip: Don't use a gray thread unless you are Heidi, Doodlebug, or one of our other rock stars... It really shows up well!

here goes.

post--13461902852486_thumb.jpg

I love it Bobbi - It's great that you tried something new and different. Are you going to keep this one? If not, do you need to send it to someone on the W coast???? I would like to volunteer.....Your feathers are great, I can't see anything wrong with them at all;)

Unfortunately Sheri B it was not my first attempt... I've actually done them many times and have been happy with them..

the cathedral window look blocks are actually from a drunkards path - all lights turned inward and the edge cut to 1/4" so that they come out looking that way. We used this tool to make the circles and appliqued them on to the squares. it was so fun! Then I seperated each block with a 1" (1/2" finished) strip. That's what made all the intersections and press as I did, they still were hard to quilt.

PJ, it is for sale, on my webshots and on my facebook pages.

Heidi, that means a lot! and it really means a lot that you all like it! Thank you so much!

Liam? Gallery? LOL...

Archived