Prayer Request for my Dad

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi MaryBeth

I will also be praying for your dad, mom, you and the rest of the family. At times like this it is so stressfull and I remember when my Bill had surgery and it didn't go so well, called and talked to all my kids and not one of them said that they would come and be with me. For 3 days he wasn't improving and for 3 days I told the kids exactly what was happening. Finially our son and his wife came and you can't even imagion the relief that I felt knowing that I wasn't going to be alone to hear any bad news. If it is at all possible for you to go and be with your Mom, do it. She is being strong because she doesn't want to burden you. At least that is what I was doing, and yet knowing that one of our kids was coming to be with me was just a huge relief. My thoughts were that all the kids have busy lives and I can do this on my own.......but in reality, I will never forget the love and concern that our son came to be with me during the rough times. That's what family is all about. Sorry if this come across as preaching, but I feel very strongly about this. You never know what tomorrow will bring, or how much longer you will have your parents with you.

And if I were there beside you I would give you this ((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUG))))))))))))))))))))))))):)

Mary Beth,

Prayers are going up for your Dad from Fort Peck, Montana. I haven't posted in a while but your prayer request really tugs at my heart. My dad turned 90 today and he can't figure out why the doctors can't make his legs stronger again so he can get around better and do more things. Dads are so precious as are Moms. I agree with Patty Jo, you need to go and be with your Mom if at all possible. I was home to see my Mom and Dad in January (they live 525 miles away and I hadn't been there since June). I decided in January that I need to get home more often. They won't be there forever. My mom is 82 and is a quilter, too. She makes the good old block quilts and ties them. They are everybody's favorites. She had a stroke in the year 2000 and got everything back except some movement in her right hand, so cutting blocks is a little difficult for her. So, anyway I told her I would come back in March and cut a bunch of quilt blocks for her so she can just grab them and sew and not have to deal with cutting. She was thrilled. I am rambling on I know but the point is parents are precious and I will certainly say prayers for your Dad and your Mom.

Take care,

Thank you all so much. We are playing tag team. I have a brother in Springfield, but he is not "there" for my parents. So, my brother that lives here is going down this weekend to check on my dad and help my mom a bit. My mom is sick with a terrible cold and needs to rest, but my dad demands that she be there with him every day, all day. So, my brother that lives here is going to try to get her to stay home and he will sit at the hospital with my dad. With my brother being there, he will be able to tell exactly what is going on, if my dad is having memory problems because of the meds, if there really is a "mass" in his stomach or if that is just "House" talking :D

I appreaciate all of you so much. You all have been here through some of my toughest moments with health issues and you never faild to encourage and comfort me with your well wishes, thoughts and prayers. Thank you all so much.

Archived