Last Wed. I told my boss that I am leaving my "position" at the thrift store. Now going back one day is too much for me. I want OUT! I only worked 2 days a week but my heart is no longer there and the dynamics of the place has really changed. Too many workers think they are superior to others and the helping hand attitude is long gone. Time to stay home and quilt till I drop!!

That's sad news. Not about you staying home! Just about people not wanting to help others!! Remember right after 9/11 when everybody was super friendly and helpful and accepting of others?? Why can't people be that way ALL the time???

Well, I'm glad you get to stay home and quilt, anyway!!

I hope it all works out for you!!

The topic grabbed my attention . . . I'm having one of THOSE days!! Not the same situation but maybe a similar conclusion. You gotta watch out/take care of yourself first, else you won't be good for anyone else. I'm learning that lesson once again!!! Enjoy quilting and take care of yourself!!

Blessings!

Becky

Marie -

Good for you -- takes a while until we finally decide 'that is enough' doesn't it? I have enjoyed the last two months so much -- so glad I finally retired. And when I finally realized it was time and I was ready, it felt so good. Bet you will too.

You go, Girl

Patsy

Guest Linda S

I had hoped to be retired by now, but in this economy, I'm going to have to work another year or two. DANG! 30+ years at the University is really draining. Good for you for standing up for your principles and going for the gusto.

Linda

Marie

Good for you I applaud anyone who can make a good decision and step out in faith. I too am jealous, but I am very thankful for a good job that I love, even if it is not quilting and try to be satisfied everyday with where the Lord has put me for now. That is a great place to be in our lives and it seems the Lord has moved you on to your next path, Congratulations!!

Marie,

I had thought about retiring but I loved spending money on quilting. Glad I didn't retire then, the company elimated my job after 20 years, paid me a nice severance and I bought my Lenni. If I had retired on my own I would of been out & no Lenni. They did me a huge favor and I never looked back.

Mountainquilter

diana

Archived