One Proud Mom here

Thursday a small package came for our daughter Samantha. Sam is a freshman nursing major at the local collage. I called her to ask what it was and when she told me I cried.

Sam had ordered, all on her own, a quilt kit to make for the "Downy Quilts for Kids" project. She came home today and we opened the kit and I got her started on the top. When I saw the pattern I pulled fabric from the stash and made a top along side of her.

What a special project the two of us could share. I am so proud of her. She is only 19 and to think of others this way, tearing up again. Enjoy the photos. If you also wish to help Downy here is the link.

http://www.quiltsforkids.org/patterns/request/

I will get the quilted and sent back by the end of the week.

I let her use my FW.

100_1764.jpg

Yes she can use an iron. lol

100_1765.jpg

Finished tops.

100_1768.jpg

Penny, you should be proud of being such a special Mom, to teach your children this way.. She is pretty and sports a very special giving and caring heart.. I wish our grandkids would do more of that.. both are very busy with school/college and working.. little time for relaxing.. SOOO glad your daughter manages her time so well, too.

God Bless you both,

Ritar

Originally posted by Mary Beth

Penny, you have every right to be proud of your daughter. I would love to have 1 kid in our family take an interest in quilting....but to have one choose to do something totally selfless.....priceless!!

Thank you Mary Beth,

She has a huge heart.

Archived