Mexican Star finished w/ pics

I finally finished this quilt that I asked for suggestions on about a month ago. Linda R gave me some good ideas as well as looking at the pic on the pattern. The background fill was totally my idea when my customer looked at my sample of this and liked it. I used Fil Tec Glide thread in both top and bottom. Love those magnetic bobbins. However, the batting that was provided by my customer, left little pockies on the back. :( I tried frogging and flipping the batting over and it didn't help, then changed needles, played with tension and it stayed the same through all the attempts at solving the problem]. This is a wall hanging, so I hoping that my customer won't mind. Anyway, thanks for looking.:)

2212697870094956607S600x600Q85.jpg

and another

2844723780094956607S600x600Q85.jpg

the pics aren't great so I will try tomorrow with natural light to get some better ones. Thanks again for looking.

thanks for all your kind comments. I was having such a time trying to figure out what to do, that I procrastinated way too long. When I finally just put it on the machine, it was much easier. These pics don't show the bronze thread that I put in the dark areas very well, so I'll try and post some more tomorrow. I used Fil Tec Glide color # 24635 and it looks like a bronze metallic thread. Just beautiful against the batik fabrics. Anyway, thanks for making my day.:)

Patty Jo, you did fantastic on this quilt.. as usual.. love the BG fill, and your square spiro in the middle of the

space between stars... is that half a cathedral window technique?? I mean between the stars where the white square isn't?? very pretty.

Stay steady and enjoy..

ritar

Archived