Umqua Valley Guild - All the Quilters hard work

I'm in Roseburg, and had my camera clicking away today, but the most beautiful display was of all the patriotic quilts that the guild has made and will be presenting later this year. Over 180+/- quilts are in the display and during the day, they had patriotic music playing. What a tribute to our men and women who lay their lives on the line for all of us. I thought that you would enjoy looking at how they honor the military in the small community.

Opps, too big, I'll be right back

post--13461903938758_thumb.jpg

This week I got my first 2 Quilts of Valor to quilt and have sent one back to the piecer already. I am a Mom of a Civil engineer in the Air Force who has served (proudly) 2 deployments to Iraq and I cannot tell you the joy it was to quilt that first quilt. I prayed and thought about the recipient who would be getting it even though I do not know who it will be.

I am very proud of our military heros and the families who support them! I am looking forward to quilting more QOV for our very brave young men and women. I love the patriotic quilts pictured here!

Lori

I wish our guild were more dedicated to thanking the troops. They think 2 a year, made by the guild is wonderful. I make many more than that, and am just getting back into it after the hip.. I make more than 2 in a year, myself, Usually around 6.. also give quite a few to Community Service Orgs. here in town.

Thanks Muches Patty Jo for showing us those wonderful pictures.. my heart is proud of your guild.. Tell them I thank them all and think the quilts are out of this world.

By the way, how many members do you have in the guild??? We only have 28 or 29 I think... still.......

The quilts are all gorgeous.

RitaR

Patty Jo ....

Thank You so much for sharing this wonderful patriotic display of quilts these gals have on exhibit....I would dearly love to quickly drive over the mountain to RB to see them, maybe next year I can do that....

God Bless our Troops who sacrifice so much for our freedom!!!

Beautiful............I love patriotic quilts. My friends and I have made around 200 and donated to Freedom Quilts which is located here in Iowa. They started after 9/11 giving quilts to families of those killed and then moved on to give to families of the fallen soldiers. Great support for our military.

:)

Patty Jo, who would not be moved (lump in throat, tear in eye) beholding this site. It really is so honorable. Wow. Please tell your guild members they are wonderful.

I have to say on a personal note, I was given a Quilt of Valor several months ago. I did my bestest bestest quilting on this quilt. And, I often thought about who might get the quilt. Well, I found out through some connections that this quilt was given to a soldier recovering at Walter Reed Medical Center --- he was wounded in Afganistan and had lost both of his legs. So sad. I understand he and his family appreciated the quilt, too.

Archived