Very NQR - a sad day for our household

I know this doesn't compare to the losses and the trials that others here have suffered, but it's like I've lost a child - our "granddog" of seven years, Chugs, was hit by a car and killed sometime this afternoon. I missed him at dusk and went driving around the area - found him on the road adjacent to our property. It appears to have been a quick death - for his sake, I hope so. I just finished burying him, near the driveway where he kept watch so faithfully. He was the best companion animal I've ever had - and there have been quite a few. I will miss him. Rest in peace, my puppy.....

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Linda S

Oh Barb. I am so very sorry. There's nothing like the love of a wonderful pet. So hard to lose them. Hugs to you.

Linda

It would probably be a little easier if I wasn't all alone here. My DH is away from home on work, and I just can't figure out how to tell my boys, so I'm dealing with this all on my own - except for you very special folks out there. Thanks for being there.....

My boys are adults, but this dog was treated like a cherished little brother - our youngest brought him home as a little puppy, hence his "granddog" status. This is going to just break their hearts. Everyone loved Chugs....

Barb, my heart goes out to you and your boys. Our pets are our children also. I couldn't live with myself it I hit someone's pet and didn't find the owner. I know it's no comfort right now but I believe our beloved pets will be waiting at heaven's gates for us. My prayers are asking for comfort for you and your family.

So sorry Barb to hear of the loss of Chugs. It is sooo difficult when we lose these precious animals God has given to us. They truly are "man's best friend". I dog is so forgiving and all they want is to love and give love. It took me 1 1/2 years to adopt another Golden Retriever after my Ellie died after 16 years. They really are a part of our families. Please know there are prayers for comfort coming your way.

We are so sorry. We are great dog lovers and have 6 right now. We have 4 Shelties of our own, plus our daughter has moved back home with her Border Collie and Huskie mix. Even with this many - they are family and when we lose one - there is a hole on your heart. Hugs to you and your boys.

Barb,

I am so sorry about your loss. My pets are my family too and they count as much as a person does, so I know how you feel. I just had to put to sleep our cat a week ago. Her chronic kidney failure finally took its toll after 2 3/4 years.:(

Archived