NQR -- Prayer Request Update on Dad

Thank you for all the prayers as Dad went through the Biospy.

We just found out that Dad has Pancreatic Cancer in Stage IV. Mom sounds exhausted and Dad sounded better then I have heard in a long time. He started with Chemo yesterday. He is not waiting. As he told me on the phone, "I should have listened to your mother better and had this checked out earlier when I started feeling bad. "I am astounded at his wanting to do Chemo and not procrastining. I am so glad he is very positive. We all know that he will not out live this but is doing everything to stay alive.

My concern is my niece Samantha who lives with Mom and Dad. She is only 16. I am praying that she can accept this and not add to Mom's burden. Please pray for my family.

Denise - I'll also be praying for your Dad, Mom, niece and you. This is a path that no one wants to walk, but because you have no choice, I'll be praying that the Lord holds you all in this arms, that you will feel and receive His peace, and that you turn to Him with every care & concern. ((((((((((hugs)))))))))))

Denice.. I hurt along with you. so many kin and friends have died of, or are treated for cancer of one kind or another. I always suggest ( as if I'm a counselor) to get him to talk.. things you did in the past.. things more recent, places hes lived, injuries he's probably had, and illnesses.. dreams he had as a young man, how each childs name was chosen, storekeepers they liked.. even if they only shopped there, places that were special to he and your Mom, or the whole family. If he brings up the subject of burial or creamation, try to help him finish the thought enough to give you good ideas.. our son actually planned his whole service, his reasoning was to make it easier for us.. We did get to pick out the headstone.. which simply had his name, date of birth and death, and the words under all the other print was "Gone Home" dobwood in opposite corners.. I think very pretty, without being frilly.

So many things can be learned just from talking.. how pretty the flowers are, I always love yellow and white. What his favorite food was.. and while talking you can be remembering things related to the topics.. planting trees, bushes, a garden. Bringing Mom a Bouque and falling in a deep puddle he thought was shallow.. Only thing not muddy was the flowers. These memories then become more memories or refreshed memories.

God Bless you, Hugs around, talk lots with Samantha, and pray together.

Hugs and peace of heart and mind for all.. May the Dr.s be the very best..

RitaR

My first husband and I were married 23 years when he was diagnosed with lung cancer at the age of 41. We were just babies when we married (I was 15, he was 17). He died 13 months later. As strange as it sounds that was the best and the worst 13 months of my life. The best because we knew what was coming and enjoyed every second we could get. The worst because...we knew what was coming and we didn't want to let go. Our daughter was only 19 at the time and could not deal with it at all. She had always been a daddy's girl but she shut him out. He was hurt but understood. She has so many regrets now. She would not talk to him at all about dying because she just KNEW in her heart that it wouldn't happen. She was angry when he decided to stop treatments and let it be over. I am so sorry I didn't recognize how badly she needed help to deal with it. I hope your neice gets the help she needs and that your mom and dad grab every second they can to make memories. I wouldn't trade mine for anything in the world. Your family will be in my prayers.

Archived